vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Can't wait to hear about your first banner find with that new puppy!
MD_racer.jpg

OP
OP
H-D 1

H-D 1

Dec 25, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer & Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the big maiden voyage didn't go as planed. As soon as it powers up the saturation alarm starts going off checked everything out and seems there's moisture in the coil. How it got there I have no idea I've never gotten to actually use it till today.

OP
OP
H-D 1

H-D 1

Dec 25, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All is well the coil is going out tomorrow for warranty. Makro has a wonderful customer service to deal with. They were very prompt and easy to work with

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read in a review that the guy was finding coins at 18-20 inches. Is this normal?????????
I couldn't find the Frequency/frequencies it worked on. About the same price as an AT Pro.

OP
OP
H-D 1

H-D 1

Dec 25, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't tell you for sure I've had to send my coil off for warranty replacement. What little I have used it in my lawn it seems like a very hot machine.

OP
OP
H-D 1

H-D 1

Dec 25, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my new coil last night everything tests out ok so I'm good to go. Had a real good experience with customer service and can't complain about one thing. 6 days from the morning I sent mine out until I received my new one back.

OP
OP
H-D 1

H-D 1

Dec 25, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yea still haven't even got to try mine yet. But glad to see someone using one

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18 TO 20 INCHES ON A COIN WITH A MAKRO RACER,FOLKS LETS GET REAL LOL!!!!!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18 TO 20 INCHES ON A COIN WITH A MAKRO RACER,FOLKS LETS GET REAL LOL!!!!!

In disc mode it will hit half-dollar sized coins at 14 inches...in dirt...stock coil. With the larger RC40 coil it will hit the same coin at 16 inches.

In AM 18 inches could be a very real possibility with a larger 50c to $1 sized coin...or a non-US coin that is slightly larger than that....since they still qualify as "coins" last time I checked.

Just keeping it...real.

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In disc mode it will hit half-dollar sized coins at 14 inches...in dirt...stock coil. With the larger RC40 coil it will hit the same coin at 16 inches.

In AM 18 inches could be a very real possibility with a larger 50c to $1 sized coin...or a non-US coin that is slightly larger than that....since they still qualify as "coins" last time I checked.

Just keeping it...real.

L,O,L OK if you said so

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just keeping it...real.

That is a close number as far as depth in my soil at a GB of 60, disk 20 and a gain of 98-99 Nokta Fors Core. The Fors Core and Makro Racer have almost identical gain/depth. With my test garden depth of 12-15" on a quarter. My soil mineral is very low however, South FL.Gamma 6000 with 11DD and ID300 in full gain all metal will hit it barely, none others on my list will. The Fors Core sounds reasonably clear enough to warrant a dig on these objects, the depth is equal that of a T2 DST or F75. Also the Fors Core and Makro work in the salt very well, even rivaling my DFX and ID300 in extremely salty wet sand beaches with very little loss of depth (10" on a coin soaking wet sand gain 98-99, GB 0, disc 20). I just wish the new Whites MX performs as well, love Whites.

Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L,O,L OK if you said so

I do say so...and so do both of these videos.

https://youtu.be/fGIcbiglLwA ----- 6:00 minute mark of the video...RC40 coil hits a 2 Euro at 42cm which equals 16 inches...that is disc mode. I think AM mode would get the extra 2 inches without issue.

https://youtu.be/sZDvfMZQ7cs ---- 16:20 of this video it hits a coin at 14 inches inches...stock coil...then goes on at 21:45 to hit the 16 inch coin with the RC40. Again...I think AM would get the extra 2 inches. Hits the jar of coins at 21 inches no problem.

Would a person dig these targets? Perhaps not. Does the machine hit the targets? Apparently so.

Anything else you need help keeping real...just let me know Kentucky.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got the perfect wireless setup for my Racer too.

As in title....i've found, bought and fully testes the P E R F E C T wireless setup for the Makro Racer.

How much lag?

The answer is a simple and truth NONE. ZERO. ZILCH...Nadda!!

No lag at all.

Ohhh, must be super expensive then??

NOPE!!

Total cost = £48.

First of all, forget any kind of Bluetooth, coz you are going to get lag. Eveneon though in some cases you may be lucky enough to only get a tiny amount of lag....but for us treasure hunters....we WANT, NEED and DEMAND ZERO lag for our awesome machines.

I have a 2.4Ghz unit, which unlike some other 2.4Ghz unnits do NOT lag or turn off by themselves etc.
1 x 3.5mm Jack (if your machine takes 3.5mm)

1 x 3.5mm to 6.35mm converter (if your machine takes 6.35mm Jacks)

1 x 2.4GHZ Headphone with USB cable for charging.

1 x Dual USB Charging Plug. Please Note this has a UK Plug, but if connected to an adapter can be used anywhere in the world (100V - 240V Supply).

Here are some pictures I took of the Wireless setup with my Racer etc:

imgurl

This is the guy I bought them from on Ebay.
He's a really helpful dude and ships fast.

I was a bit dubious at first, thinking "hmmm, surely there has to be at least SOME lag" but NOPE....ZERO lag.

I'm soooo chuffed I could pi$$ meself...lol.

Here is a link to the guy I bought them from:

METAL DETECTING - WIRELESS HEADPHONES - NO SOUND LAG/DELAYS | eBay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread