tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this mama killdeer with 4 little chicks at a mud hole. She kept a watchful eye on me, as the little chicks all ran around like starving chicken sampling everything that looked like it was food. I took a few pic's of the babies, but those didn't turn out as they were all moving around to fast.

Attachments

• bike 071219 1.jpg
    bike 071219 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 53

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
tamrock,
I learned something with your post.
I thought the spelling was kildeer since that was the spelling of my grade school (also named after the bird in the area).
Now, after 70 years since grade school, I see your correct spelling of the bird's name. Thanks.
Don.....

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw this mama killdeer with 4 little chicks at a mud hole. She kept a watchful eye on me, as the little chicks all ran around like starving chicken sampling everything that looked like it was food. I took a few pic's of the babies, but those didn't turn out as they were all moving around to fast.

Them young are up and running within hours of hatching.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice pic. tamrock.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A funny thing happened here in Georgia yesterday in Barrow County. A lady took out a 200 pound black bear with her van as it suddenly attempted to cross the road in front of her. While the female driver was on the phone with 911 dispatch, two young men stopped and was looking at and photographing the bear, when they suddenly threw the bear into the bed of their truck and drove away. Only in Georgia. Lol

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least the meat will not go to waste. Some states allow taking roadkill deer, not sure about bears, but they also like to have it reported so they can keep track of road kills and maybe recover a transmitter if it had one.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A funny thing happened here in Georgia yesterday in Barrow County. A lady took out a 200 pound black bear with her van as it suddenly attempted to cross the road in front of her. While the female driver was on the phone with 911 dispatch, two young men stopped and was looking at and photographing the bear, when they suddenly threw the bear into the bed of their truck and drove away. Only in Georgia. Lol

tamrock,
I learned something with your post.
I thought the spelling was kildeer since that was the spelling of my grade school (also named after the bird in the area).
Now, after 70 years since grade school, I see your correct spelling of the bird's name. Thanks.
Don.....
Really I get some notoriety on spelling a word correctly. Now how is it pronounced? I say kill-dare not kill-deer like Bambi is.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Them young are up and running within hours of hatching.
And terribly hungry. They didn't pay attention to anything that was going on around them, but no worries mama's keeping an eye on things.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post! As for the bear and the guys taking off with it, other than the meat there is a black market on the gall bladder of the bear. They can make some good money off of it.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If I understood the news anchor, one of the guys stated that they were on their way to the taxidermist as they slung the bear into the bed of the truck. That would have been another story for the news if the bear had only been knocked out and suddenly awakened from its slumber.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I understood the news anchor, one of the guys stated that they were on their way to the taxidermist as they slung the bear into the bed of the truck. That would have been another story for the news if the bear had only been knocked out and suddenly awakened from its slumber.
I had a pheasant come alive in the back seat of my 64 Chevelle once. Son of a gun was batting it's wings all over the back. I just pulled over and got ahold of it neck and put him at ease.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a pheasant come alive in the back seat of my 64 Chevelle once. Son of a gun was batting it's wings all over the back. I just pulled over and got ahold of it neck and put him at ease.

So...it was a 'wringneck' then??:laughing9:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I am impressed! I have several killdeer (I pronounce and have always heard it pronounced kill-deer) and they are hard for me to get a pic of. Had a few eggs last year, but they disappeared. So did the baby robins this year, like you said. Not sure what got them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread