Man Cave

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I did some remodeling, and turned my living room into a man cave. This was done some time ago, and I thought I posted some pictures of it on here. So the other day I wanted to show a friend what I'd done, and couldn't find a picture stored anywhere. It was like I never took one, and I only thought I did, which at this late stage of my life, seems to be as good as doing it. So I took some pictures to email to him, and in case I never posted them here, I'll do that now. Got the old barn boards off the kids place, and the long rifle is an antique. It's in good enough shape to shoot, and I've done it, just because I had to, couldn't stand not to. The gun is very plain, not signed by the maker, and people, that I think of as experts, figure it was made during the Revolutionary War, 1780ish, when the Pennsylvania gunsmiths were turning out plain guns to arm the militia. The pistol is also antique, flint lock converted to percussion. The points and beads were all found by me, with permission, on private property; either property I owned, or more usually, someone I worked for. The pot is a called a railroad pot, purchased in Arizona by my grandmother around the early 1900's.

cave7A.jpg
cave5A.jpg
cave6A.jpg

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! That room is the real McCoy! NICE! Love your Indian artifacts, nice collection!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wanna add this to your man cave? I'm never gonna do anything with it. I was gonna try and find some real horns, as the ones it has are plastic and see if a bud of mine who does taxidermy can maybe touch up the snout?

Attachments

• buff head 2.jpg
    buff head 2.jpg
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 51

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great collection of points and stuff. Well done on the room, liking it.

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You wanna add this to your man cave? I'm never gonna do anything with it. I was gonna try and find some real horns, as the ones it has are plastic and see if a bud of mine who does taxidermy can maybe touch up the snout?

Thanks, but no thanks. I have enough stuff, certainly don't need any more.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, but no thanks. I have enough stuff, certainly don't need any more.
I hear ya. I got a lot a stuff I need to do something with. Why is it gathering junk so much more easier then getting rid of it.:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread