Man Pleads Guilty To Fenn/Yellowstone Digging; Faces 12 In Stir

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what they basically told me ALSO
They said to dismantle the main parts as far as possible and remove batteries.

If I had a detector going into a National Park now I would detach the coil, separate the shafts and remove batteries. Never hurts to advise the ranger you have a detector dismantled in the car and have no intention of using it in the park, that you are on vacation and using it legally in some of the National forests when it is allowed. Never hurts to be upfront with the rangers. They thanked me for being honest and assured me I would not get in trouble if I left it in my SUV which I was driving.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They said to dismantle the main parts as far as possible and remove batteries.

If I had a detector going into a National Park now I would detach the coil, separate the shafts and remove batteries. Never hurts to advise the ranger you have a detector dismantled in the car and have no intention of using it in the park, that you are on vacation and using it legally in some of the National forests when it is allowed. Never hurts to be upfront with the rangers. They thanked me for being honest and assured me I would not get in trouble if I left it in my SUV which I was driving.
But T_H what would you do with some of the new Detectors what do not have REMOVABLE batteries ? Such as the Equinox800 a lot of Nokta;s and the Deus ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But T_H what would you do with some of the new Detectors what do not have REMOVABLE batteries ? Such as the Equinox800 a lot of Nokta;s and the Deus ?
Dismantle it. if asked explain the battery is internal and can't be removed. If it is brokendown you should be good, that is why I said to advise the rangers, I advised the rangers at the gate and had no issues and that was at 5 different National parks.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dismantle it. if asked explain the battery is internal and can't be removed. If it is brokendown you should be good, that is why I said to advise the rangers, I advised the rangers at the gate and had no issues and that was at 5 different National parks.
Thanks T_H

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But I also assume that this also applies to PinPointers ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread