Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, all...

Just wanted to announce that I've had a prototype of the Minelab Manticore lower rod "clevis" -- i.e. the plastic piece that the coil bolt fits into -- for about 6 months now, and have just been waiting for Minelab to release the accessory coils. As of a few weeks ago, I moved forward -- with production of an injection mold that will produce the Manticore "clevis" now underway. The mold should be finished by the end of this month, with the first few clevises to be produced for testing purposes at that time. The only "variable" at this point, will be tweaking the plastic mix to achieve the proper ratio of strength and flexibility. I'm hoping that by late October, I'll be able top spin up production on these, for anyone who would like accessory lower rods to go with the new accessory coils that have now been "released" by Minelab. I'm not sure if I'll beat the coils to market, or not, but if not, the lowers won't be far behind...

The Manticore lower rods will use the same high-quality, lightweight carbon-fiber tubes, with the same matte surface finish, that I use with the Equinox 700/900 lower rods which I've been producing for awhile now (essentially the same finish as on the stock Minelab Manticore and Equinox 700/900 shafts).

I expect pricing to be $75 plus shipping for a standard-length (22") lower rod, black color (same matte surface finish as on the stock shaft).

Thanks!

Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in the final stage of testing the new Minelab Manticore lower rods. I anticipate availability starting in about 3 weeks (mid-November). I will have both lower rods available, AND two-piece lower-shaft assemblies (middle section AND lower rod, connected with one of my proprietary, premium-quality cam locks).

The lower rods will be available in black at first, with tubes having the same matte carbon-fiber finish, and red "warning line," as the stock lower rods. The "standard" length will be roughly 23 1/4", with a "tall-man" version also available at roughly 27 1/4". I will also have them available in the near future in three colors -- red/black, green/black, and blue/black.

Pricing will be $75 plus shipping for the black, standard-length lower rods ($85 colored), and $109 plus shipping for the black two-piece lower-shaft assemblies ($119 colored), and the coil bolt WILL be included. Tall-man lowers will run $85 plus shipping.

So, with the Minelab accessory coils apparently available soon, spare lower rods for these coils will now be available as well, at https://www.stevesdetectorrods.com

email: [email protected]

Thanks all!

Steve
manti3.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions