OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Special thanks

I just wanted to say thank you all for the birthday wishes.
And a special thanks go out to The Bazooka Crew they really are the best. I got it today and found something special.
Screenshot_2015-03-24-14-48-18.png

I can't thank you all enough.
And to my lovely wife who made this possible Thank You. this really has been the best birthday I've had for a long time I Can't thank you enough.
20150324_145652.jpg
20150324_145720.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So anyways finally got to go out today and try out my bazooka prospector. didn't go where I wanted to but hey it still was a great day. the wife got her new EZ pan and seasoned it before we went to the river. and we had allot of fun she checked the hole area rather quickly with her new pan. and once we where set up she ran a few test pans. we didn't get much and I'm wondering if this is silver like I think or if it's gold mix with silver. what do you guys think. there's like little pebbles that are silvery and some ultra fines gold that you can see is clearly gold but anyway. the prospector was amazing. I can't wait to get it out down in little sevier or crescent creek this month. we went to payson/Santiquin Canyon. I hope to get to America fork canyon up merry Ellensburg gulch here in a week or 2. but not bad for a place that is known for only having trace amounts of gold or silver in it
20150404_183802.jpg

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20150404_194402.jpg
Same stuff just in my Keene dual riffle pan

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So anyways finally got to go out today and try out my bazooka prospector. didn't go where I wanted to but hey it still was a great day. the wife got her new EZ pan and seasoned it before we went to the river. and we had allot of fun she checked the hole area rather quickly with her new pan. and once we where set up she ran a few test pans. we didn't get much and I'm wondering if this is silver like I think or if it's gold mix with silver. what do you guys think. there's like little pebbles that are silvery and some ultra fines gold that you can see is clearly gold but anyway. the prospector was amazing. I can't wait to get it out down in little sevier or crescent creek this month. we went to payson/Santiquin Canyon. I hope to get to America fork canyon up merry Ellensburg gulch here in a week or 2. but not bad for a place that is known for only having trace amounts of gold or silver in it
View attachment 1141635

I cannot tell too much from the photo but I would guess mercury coated gold. Some other folks will probably chime in and let you know for sure. If it is mercury coated, I would keep it separated from the rest of your gold.

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's what I was wondering. if it was coated with murcury. the blue pan makes it look golden more but in the vile and the Grey pan it looks silvery. some are shiny and others dull silver. Kevin said something not long ago saying it might be gold silver alloy. mother nature was mixing metals before we even had the idea in our head

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got the banjo pan today. o yeah!! This thing is huge...... I can't wait to test it out.gonna be awesome

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like some bright chunks there. Mercury coated gold. Maybe some lead too. That grizzly 3 looks interesting. My spot had pools but no flow yesterday.

I'm enjoying the journal Skiddum.

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haven't been in here for awhile but I've been out on stream quite a bit. not finding a hole lot but what I'm finding isn't bad. I love this stuff. I've got to the point where I'll go out just to get away. so nice and piece full right now. the weather is perfect and no one's really out they're at least where I've been going so less of good fun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread