17.7 KB · Views: 4

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lately a boom in price has once again fired up the Uranium mines of the Colorado Plateau in Arizona, Utah and Colorado. Also the search for rare earth elements is gaining interest. https://mineralexplorationgeology.c...ion-in-the-wild-west-past-present-and-future/
The link article also points out / refers to the growth of ESG's that can be driving / pushing the following:

Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) scores are an essential tool for investors to assess a company's sustainability and ethical performance. These scores typically range from 0 to 100, with a score of less than 50 considered relatively poor and more than 70 considered good.Jul 27, 2023

Environmental, social, and corporate governance

Example of corporate involvement:

The enterprise climate platform

https://watershed.com/?utm_source=b...0191&msclkid=200fbb9a63e51998a236de2987fcc6b4

The effect on mining is growing. The Green Gold Rush is still being formed. This 'green rush' is having a effect on the grid and brownouts to worse are showing up in pocket areas of the country due to both load demand and efficiency issues. There also can be a increase demand for fuels due to cold conditions when these newer batteries fail or the efficiency is to low for use.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most mining activities are still fueled by fossil fuels either directly or indirectly when the use of batteries are part of the process.

Driving up the costs will effect any such activities and the economy / living standards of any given country.

One type of fuel that makes up such activities is Liquefied Natural Gas. The reason for the post of link below is to point out one way that this supply chain is effected:
Statement from President Joe Biden on Decision to Pause Pending Approvals of Liquefied Natural Gas Exports

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...g-approvals-of-liquefied-natural-gas-exports/

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most mining activities are still fueled by fossil fuels either directly or indirectly when the use of batteries are part of the process.

Driving up the costs will effect any such activities and the economy / living standards of any given country.

One type of fuel that makes up such activities is Liquefied Natural Gas. The reason for the post of link below is to point out one way that this supply chain is effected:
Statement from President Joe Biden on Decision to Pause Pending Approvals of Liquefied Natural Gas Exports

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...g-approvals-of-liquefied-natural-gas-exports/
The major manufacturers of underground haulage equipment Epiroc and Sandvik both of Sweden are providing all electric rigs now. Still how the batteries are recharged begins with fossil fuels. I worked underground when diesel was really gaining traction and the emissions back then was hell. I'd drink a cold beer after work and hacked up black loogies and blow black snot out my nose all the time. That was 40 years ago, but these days the emissions have improved a lot.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The major manufacturers of underground haulage equipment Epiroc and Sandvik both of Sweden are providing all electric rigs now. Still how the batteries are recharged begins with fossil fuels. I worked underground when diesel was really gaining traction and the emissions back then was hell. I'd drink a cold beer after work and hacked up black loogies and blow black snot out my nose all the time. That was 40 years ago, but these days the emissions have improved a lot.
Yes under ground electric rigs can make a clean environment. Still fossil fuels are needed out side and on the roads as well as charging the batteries.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread