glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello every one.! I used to do a lot of digging And when I found this website I would post some of my finds Well my health has put o stop to digging for a few years now . I really miss the thrill of uncovering some old glass bottle I have recover quite a few bottles in the 100 year old range While none are necessarily one of a kind items I have been able to locate some that are special to me Anyway due to an abundance of boredom I am looking at pictures for things I dug In 2019 and 2020.Those years I was able to find a very very large dump And it was the best and oldest bottle dump that I ever was luckly enough to dig It has added more and the oldest bottles I have collected in 50 plus years of digging .In reviewing some pictures I noticed a some what old bottle that was cracked in about the middle It is quite dirty but it has some letters on it I recall it because I am the reason it was broke in half I got a LITTLE to excited while useing my digger and it broke Any way for some reason it hit me that it might be older than most of what was finding Because it was broken so after he picture taking was done I just left it lay Any body have any insight of what it is?

Attachments

• IMG_072710623.jpg
    IMG_072710623.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello one.! I user to do a lot of digging And when I found this site and would post some of my finds Well my health has put o stop to dig for a few years now . I really miss the thrill of uncovering some old glass bottle I have recover quite a few bottles in the 100 year old range While none are necessarily one of a kind items I have been able to locate some that are special to me Anyway due to an abundance of boredom I am looking at pictures for things I dug i 2019 .That year I was able to find a very very large dump And it was the best and oldest bottle dump that I ever was luckly enough to dig It has added more and the oldest bottles I have collected in 50 plus years of digging .In reviewing some pictures I noticed a some what old bottle that was cracked in about the middle It is quite dirty but it has some letters on it I recall it because I am the reason it was broke in half I got a LITTLE to excited while useing my digger and it broke Any way for some reason it hit me that it might be older than most of what was finding Because it was broken so after he picture taking was done I just left it lay Any body have any insight of what it is?
:dontknow: until you post a photo.
It gets a little harder to dig with each passing calander page.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'A little hard to judge from this pic, but I'd guess it's a machine-made soda from 1915-1929, that's what my gut is telling me. The green bottle top is a G.W. Merchant gargling oil, turn of the century to around 1910 I'd say.

Sometimes we can't dig but can always take part in the discussion, thanks for posting and good health to you.

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'A little hard to judge from this pic, but I'd guess it's a machine-made soda from 1915-1929, that's what my gut is telling me. The green bottle top is a G.W. Merchant gargling oil, turn of the century to around 1910 I'd say.

Sometimes we can't dig but can always take part in the discussion, thanks for posting and good health to you.
Njklagt Thanks for the research you did concerning the bottle I was asking about . AND Thanks for your for your kind words of encouragement .

diggerny

Dec 3, 2023
Hello every one.! I used to do a lot of digging And when I found this website I would post some of my finds Well my health has put o stop to digging for a few years now . I really miss the thrill of uncovering some old glass bottle I have recover quite a few bottles in the 100 year old range While none are necessarily one of a kind items I have been able to locate some that are special to me Anyway due to an abundance of boredom I am looking at pictures for things I dug In 2019 and 2020.Those years I was able to find a very very large dump And it was the best and oldest bottle dump that I ever was luckly enough to dig It has added more and the oldest bottles I have collected in 50 plus years of digging .In reviewing some pictures I noticed a some what old bottle that was cracked in about the middle It is quite dirty but it has some letters on it I recall it because I am the reason it was broke in half I got a LITTLE to excited while useing my digger and it broke Any way for some reason it hit me that it might be older than most of what was finding Because it was broken so after he picture taking was done I just left it lay Any body have any insight of what it is?
Looks like a Neuweiler bottle. From the Neuweiler brewery in Allentown, PA. Should be from around 1900-1930s

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread