Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was able to get back out to my sisters cornfield where I found the bomber silver WWII ring. Took a little work digging old iron and other stuff. But managed to squeeze out a 1934 Merc and a few wheats.
image.jpg

On the way out my nephew comes walking up with his brand new Bounty Hunter and a big kool-aid smile. Gave him a quick run down, and hung out with him a bit. Was glad to see him score his first silver. A 1927 Merc

image.jpg

Upvote 7

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Uh oh...sounds like we will have some new competition in Nepa! Wheats and silver are always welcomed, even though I know you're looking for a big copper. It's inevitable Will. With your research skills, it is just around the corner!

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh oh...sounds like we will have some new competition in Nepa! Wheats and silver are always welcomed, even though I know you're looking for a big copper. It's inevitable Will. With your research skills, it is just around the corner!
My sisters property is 200 years old and that 1927 Merc is the oldest thing to come out of there. Go figure. The areas closer to the homestead were used for a junkyard for many years. Impossible detecting that area. I have been putting a ton of research in lately. Sooner or later It will pay off I am sure.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty sweet your nephew got a silver right out of the gate, hope he stays interested in the hobby!, I had that same koolaid smile when I pulled my last war nickel in front of dave lol!!!

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty sweet your nephew got a silver right out of the gate, hope he stays interested in the hobby!, I had that same koolaid smile when I pulled my last war nickel in front of dave lol!!!

Dave. A nickel for your thoughts

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah but he looked like this when he saw that ring!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430993261.924358.jpg

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt for both you and your nephew!! Took me months for my first ever silver. Lol

I can't imagine finding silver or wheats in a cornfield. All we ever find is iron and trash?

Congrats!!

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs.

Thanks!

Great hunt for both you and your nephew!! Took me months for my first ever silver. Lol

I can't imagine finding silver or wheats in a cornfield. All we ever find is iron and trash?

Congrats!!

Thanks! Found two military buttons and a bomber silver WWII Cavalry ring last hunt there. Of course there is a ton of iron and trash, but it takes a little work to get the good stuff under it all.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job will...me and my buddy have been hitting it hard up here in Lehman and Dallas PM me and we could combine on some spots!!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story! It's good to see the younger crowd enjoy something they can enjoy their entire life.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the silver

Top Member Reactions