ncFloridaBum

ncFloridaBum

Dec 19, 2016
Starke, FL
Detector(s) used
Five finger probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the way I see it. For example , if you look at the vast leaps of improvement in the ~20 yrs. of 1965 to 1985, you see that .... every few years, something came along that rendered machines, that were a mere few years old, became dinosaurs. Some was ... yes ... a function of "faster and smaller". But then there comes a point of diminishing returns. The much bigger steps (as I recall it) was the DIFFERENCE IN METHOD.

It went from BFO, to TR, to VLF all-metal, to VLF disc. And then pulse came into popular usage (as I recall it) in the mid 1980s . And in each of those cases/steps, its an all new type of detection method. NOT a function of "faster and smaller". So too does our current plight seem to be, that simply improving on existing platforms has reached its point of diminishing returns (ie.: bumped into the laws of physics).

I'm not a scientist or engineer. But this is just the way I recall the evolution, and from what I gather reading from engineer types on this subject.

I sense a window of opportunity. Maybe this is my chance to make a contribution to mankind. 🤔 [Scare Crow voice] > if I only had the brains. [emoji23].

Seriously tho, thank you for taking the time to lend your perspective. I do appreciate it.

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
NC-

First...welcome to T'net. Great that ya found a place to ask questions and seek answers... theres an INCREDIBLE wealth of knowledge that hangs out around here, usually begging for free rum!!

I've been very lucky to meet several of the real wizards around here...guys that have been doing this stuff a LONG time, real "been there, got that shirt" kinda folks. Several I would even call friends...not something I often do.

If approached in a manner that is curious, passionate, and trustworthy, I can assure you that you'll be amazed at the amount of support these guys exhibit...jmo. I've found the best way is to be honest, establish trustworthyness, and be a man of word. Takes some time...but the rewards are great.
I might also suggest attending the Annual Treasure Hunters gathering in Wabasso Fl the end of April. THAT...is where you will literally meet legends...may even get a few inside tidbits as well...if all else fails...you can bribe just about ANY of these pirates with rum!!

Welcome aboard,

ag

OP
OP
ncFloridaBum

ncFloridaBum

Dec 19, 2016
Starke, FL
Detector(s) used
Five finger probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NC-

First...welcome to T'net. Great that ya found a place to ask questions and seek answers... theres an INCREDIBLE wealth of knowledge that hangs out around here, usually begging for free rum!!

I've been very lucky to meet several of the real wizards around here...guys that have been doing this stuff a LONG time, real "been there, got that shirt" kinda folks. Several I would even call friends...not something I often do.

If approached in a manner that is curious, passionate, and trustworthy, I can assure you that you'll be amazed at the amount of support these guys exhibit...jmo. I've found the best way is to be honest, establish trustworthyness, and be a man of word. Takes some time...but the rewards are great.
I might also suggest attending the Annual Treasure Hunters gathering in Wabasso Fl the end of April. THAT...is where you will literally meet legends...may even get a few inside tidbits as well...if all else fails...you can bribe just about ANY of these pirates with rum!!

Welcome aboard,

ag

Thanks. I'm glad to hear that others share my affinity for rum. I had no clue there were gatherings. I will definitely consider attending

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 5, Maybe you should learn good manners, and stop with the insults. If you do not like comments, don't respond with insults.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread