Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a bit last night to what I like to call the trash lot. There used to be a Grange Hall on this property and I had pulled a few wheaties over the past couple of years with no sliver to be had, until last night that is.
Started off finding a Zinc penny then the finds started flowing better after that. Got a man's adjustable junk ring at about 9" deep and you can tell it's silver plated for sure. Shortly after that I pulled a good signal that I was certain would be a quarter, so I cut the plug and checked the hole with nothing in there, so it had to still be in the plug. I figured it was gonna be just the common clad since it was within the first 3-4". Turned out to be a SLQ with no date :( Oh well, that puts the coin to being prior to 1925. The I found a couple of Wheaties within a couple of feet of that. One is a 1941 and the other is a 1916, I think as it is really hard to read even with my glasses on.
I did pull my share of can-claw and did get fooled by those pesky rusted nails, but not bad for a 1 1/2 hour hunt.

Hope everyone is oout digging the goodies

HH

DJH

PS. Hey Jersey Devil, the Minelab came through on the sliver!!!!!!!! :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• Grange Hall Find 5-27-09.JPG
    Grange Hall Find 5-27-09.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 364
  • Grange Hall Find 5-27-09 (1).JPG
    Grange Hall Find 5-27-09 (1).JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 363
awesome finds!

dang DJH...it's about time ya pulled some silver outta the fertile soils of Michiana

:thumbsup:

I'll discuss your boat fixin' suggestions with ya next time I 'see' ya :laughing7:

UNLESS you wanna call "uncle" now?!

Glad ya added to the Northern Indiana silver mojo findin' vibe!

vibes said:
I'll discuss your boat fixin' suggestions with ya next time I 'see' ya :laughing7:

UNLESS you wanna call "uncle" now?!

Anytime you need mechanical advice just give me a shout out and I'll see what kind of bandaid I can come up with.

As far as saying "Uncle" I will never submit :sign10: It just to much fun as long as I don't hurt any feelings in the process.

HH

DJH

DJH...Ok, game on...you'll be cryin' like a 4 yr. old girl who just dropped her ice ceam cone in the dirt when I'm done w/ ya. 8)

In all seriousness...hope you get out this weekend and slay em.

HH

vibes said:
DJH...Ok, game on...you'll be cryin' like a 4 yr. old girl who just dropped her ice ceam cone in the dirt when I'm done w/ ya. 8)

HH

"Uncle" :tongue3:

diggin jimmy hoffa said:
vibes said:

HH

"Uncle" :tongue3:

Ouch lol........

nice finds...Matt

what threat? OHhhh...you mean the teasing...geesh, I guess some are a bit too sensitive. Since you've met me, I thought it was obvious that I am no threat.

Ohhh...BATTERIES...who would've thunk it :dontknow:

I'm just a silly girl...so thank you for your concern & insight.

DJH, you're now my hero. Please wear your super hero cape next time we all hunt together.

Nice SLQ...have not been lucky enough to grab one of those yet. But I will, my persistence will pay off soon I hope. Nice one Jimmy Hoffa....Congrats.....jgas

Nice SLQ ! Still looking for mine. So sorry to see vibes is that jealous of your recovery to knock your icecream in a dirt pile. :-\ LOL ;D ;D :laughing7:

MEMORIAL MAGNET said:
Nice SLQ ! Still looking for mine. So sorry to see vibes is that jealous of your recovery to knock your icecream in a dirt pile. :-\ LOL ;D ;D :laughing7:

It ain't the dirt that I'm worried about the ice cream landing in around here. With a high goose population in these local parks, that is when I start to worry.
Thanks on the SLQ. That's the 2nd one I have found with no date.

HH

DJH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back