Might have done another CRHer a favor

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called one of my supply banks yesterday to order a box of halves and was told that they already had one if I wanted it - said someone else ordered it but didn't pick it up. I know when this bank gets deliveries, so I know that they had only held this CRHer's box for a few days at most. Anyway, I said I'd be right over to pick it up. Well, the box has been very skunky so far, just like my last couple of boxes. I have some more rolls to finish, but looks like I might have saved another CRHer the trouble of a skunk. Congrats to whoever you are.

Folks here said yesterday that CRHers should pick up their box orders right away. I agree. Not only may the branch be annoyed that your coin order is sitting there, they may give it to someone else.

HH

Upvote 0

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said I'd be right over to pick it up. Well, the box has been very skunky so far, just like my last couple of boxes. I have some more rolls to finish, but looks like I might have saved another CRHer the trouble of a skunk. Congrats to whoever you are.

A truly selfless act, we thank you for the sacrifice.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or at least call them to let them know the soonest you can get to the branch to pick it up. They are usually pretty good about it as long as I show up when I say I am going to show up. Sometimes the boxes come in during the week and I can't get to the branches until the weekend. Regardless of saving that other CRHer from a skunk, they will surely be pissed regardless, but the early bird certainly gets the worm in this game... certainly :)

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the CRHer swore off these boxes, who knows. The boxes from this bank haven't been great.

Speaking of being selfless (or stupid), when I walked into my dump bank to withdraw the cash I needed to pay for this box, I noticed some gold-colored coins in the coin machine reject tray. Reached in and found a useless token plus two $1 presidential coins. For some reason I walked up to customer service guy at the desk in the front of the branch and handled him what I found. I must have been dazed and confused yesterday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread