Mine is the best of the best!

BIGmintmark

Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_7714.JPG IMG_7713.JPG

Only one lone 40% was with it in the box.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome find indeed, nice seeing a seated pop up, I believe the only other one I saw on here was from rileyboy, nice!

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
San Francisco mint, that is an awesome find. Very old but in a quite good condition.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow very nice!!! How could some one cash that in?? I just don't understand??

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome... looks like an XF or AU coin... probably worth about $200-300, maybe more. Bravo!

Congrats, man!

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you comfortable with me nominating this for the Banner? HH

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool!

I'm starting to get a little jealous of everyone's great finds while I toil with skunks over and over and over and over...

Haha.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes some of those skunks from the past not smell quite so bad! WTG, great find!

OP
OP
B

BIGmintmark

Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm fine with it being nominated. Yes its real lol. Thinking about sending it off to get graded. It will increase the value of it.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I'm fine with it being nominated. Yes its real lol. Thinking about sending it off to get graded. It will increase the value of it.

You might first want to solicit opinions in the Coins forum on it's grading potential. There are some knowledgeable posters there that don't frequent this forum. In particular, CoinKid has a very good handle on the process as he will be working for one of the TPG services starting this summer. The pictures you supplied should be fine.

I didn't look at the enlarged photos until this morning. The thumbnails in the thread body was more than enough for "High Fives". As I look closer, especially the reverse, I have reservations if the coin is authentic. The red flags that aroused my suspicion is the joining of the letters in Half Dol. and "Unit" in United. I'm no expert on counterfeit fakes so I won't dismiss it as such. For now, you have a heck of a find.

I viewed the enlarged photos to detect signs of cleaning. Sadly, at some point in it's lifetime, it has been cleaned indicated by the striations in the field caused by rubbing and the dirty halos around the stars and lettering. I didn't want you to send it off to PCGS only for it to be returned ungraded. NGC would still grade it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread