Monday will be my last chance to dredge this year.......

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Going to try to hit the Waddell one more time before the season ends on the 30th. Only got out 3 times so far this season because family health issues got in the way and took most of my time off work to take care of.

We only have about 1 gallon of semi-super cons to go thru this winter to tide us over, was hoping to have 5-10gallons but, it's only 10 months until the next open season.........:sadsmiley:

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As usual, life got in the way of fun again. No trip today for me.
I'll have to settle for some highbanking this winter for stress relief :BangHead:

Last edited:

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling. But there are still lots of creeks out there that are still open for dredging. Ive got one that always produces something and its open til Feb. But my dredge is tough to go it alone, just to heavy and making 4 trips back and forth to the car sucks.

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought about applying for a permit to use my gas pump to high bank instead of having to take a heavy car battery to run a puny bilge pump, but after looking over the paperwork I decided I'd need a lawyer just to interpret the forms not to mention a geologist and a surveyor and a lobbyist and..... it's just not worth the hassle :BangHead:

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mike
Are you talking about using it in a mini highbanker?
I have a statewide permit but was told you don't need one anymore so long as you meet the requirements for a mini, I'm building one now for this reason, but it may be I bit different than the norm. I'll look for the letter about that, if you like let me know.

John

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's how I interpreted the new G&F rules also but saw no explicit language stating gas powered pumps are ok now.
I think the old G&F said battery powered only during the year round season. So leaving that out must mean I can use gas powered now :laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you get the rain we have been getting (you do) flood gold!!
Mother nature regulations....

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
That's how I interpreted the new G&F rules also but saw no explicit language stating gas powered pumps are ok now.
I think the old G&F said battery powered only during the year round season. So leaving that out must mean I can use gas powered now :laughing7:

I was denied a statewide gas pump HPA because the new regs allow them. My denial letter stated so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread