Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these while clearing a couple more places to plant trees. Mostly just the usual random iron stuff. But there were a couple of fired rifle bullets there, and a couple of "hot rocks" that I'm guessing are actually melted metal, possibly lead or copper. Hard to tell, but definitely metal. But the thing I'm most curious about is the iron fishtail in the lower left. The "base" is solid, not hollow, and the two flat parts are heavy and stiff, not hinged or flexible in any way. I don't see any screw holes or attachment points, but of course it could be broken off a larger object. Does anyone know what that was? Added a semi-side view to show the flat parts. The photo isn't the best, the space between the two flat parts goes all the way to the handle. It's like a handle with two "ears" sticking off the end of it. (And of course it may not be a handle at all, that's just what I'm calling it.)
IMG_2427.png

thing.jpg

Upvote 4

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I found these while clearing a couple more places to plant trees. Mostly just the usual random iron stuff. But there were a couple of fired rifle bullets there, and a couple of "hot rocks" that I'm guessing are actually melted metal, possibly lead or copper. Hard to tell, but definitely metal. But the thing I'm most curious about is the iron fishtail in the lower left. The "base" is solid, not hollow, and the two flat parts are heavy and stiff, not hinged or flexible in any way. I don't see any screw holes or attachment points, but of course it could be broken off a larger object. Does anyone know what that was? Added a semi-side view to show the flat parts. The photo isn't the best, the space between the two flat parts goes all the way to the handle. It's like a handle with two "ears" sticking off the end of it. (And of course it may not be a handle at all, that's just what I'm calling it.)
View attachment 2109121
View attachment 2109122
That’s a stumper for me too. Hopefully someone will have a good idea.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2109121
View attachment 2109122
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
robertk

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always get thrilled when I dig a horse shoe
I've dug a pile of them in my yard. But the strangest one I've ever dug was at a 1950's drive-in movie theater. Did people ride horses to the movies? I guess maybe so...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread