More of my friends collection

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20210327_105042.jpg 20210327_104106_Burst01.jpg
The points are from Ohio & Kentucky. The big Adena looks like a Florida Newnan & is made from FlintRidge.
The other frame is all from the Hardin farm across the river from Portsmouth, Oh.
That is Grimms neck of the woods. I believe he purchased these from the farmer himself.

Upvote 0

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Crazy nice pieces! Many types represented - Archaic Bevels, Kirk Cluster, Turkey Tails, MacCorkle et. al. Ironic that there is not a single Hardin in the bunch! Could you ID the pieces in frame b - whelk shells (?) bone needles(?) big gorget (?) discoidal (?) and size. Thanks for the post.

Last edited:

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet looking Bone/Shell frame! Some nice Shell for sure!

Thanks for sharing NM!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow he has a nice site on his farm. Those are not just random items but indicate a habitation site with life and death. I am betting a shell miden site on that farm. Beautiful stuff.

OP
OP
newnan man

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Hardin farm in Ky. is not the same Hardin the famous point is named after. Just the same last name. That frame is Ft. Ancient stuff, Cannel Coal claws and Welk shell mask. He knew the farmer as he lived in the area his entire life till retiring to Florida. He said that farm was amazing with all the items found on it over the decades.

Edgychris1

Mar 13, 2021
South East New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The right hand photo...amazing. I want to find things like that lol. I'm so keen on looking small I need to start looking at the big picture. Amazing stuff.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1922419 View attachment 1922428
The points are from Ohio & Kentucky. The big Adena looks like a Florida Newnan & is made from FlintRidge.
The other frame is all from the Hardin farm across the river from Portsmouth, Oh.
That is Grimms neck of the woods. I believe he purchased these from the farmer himself.

Nice pieces. Does he remember the guy's name by chance? Skip Bower maybe?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread