Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I said yesterday afternoon, the river seems to come alive in the mornings.

K1600_IMG_3851.JPG K1600_IMG_3868.JPG K1600_IMG_3917.JPG

I was happy to see these 3 together...
K1600_IMG_3964.JPG

...even though the duck kept saying " Kiss it!" :laughing7:
K1600_IMG_3968.JPG

Last one of the morning there...
K1600_IMG_4007.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks refreshing. Was it quiet or could you hear the traffic from miles and miles around like I do in my home turf ?

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks refreshing. Was it quiet or could you hear the traffic from miles and miles around like I do in my home turf ?

It's almost always quiet there except for the occasional boat out on the water. They just recently demolished flooded out houses along the street that runs parallel to the river and as part of the buyout for the homes, there can be nothing built on the land. The town mows the grass so it is actually a great place to enjoy the wildlife there. So far idiots have not left any trash and it has really been a blessing to people like me that enjoy nature. This little town is very small so hopefully everything remains as it is now.

When we went back this afternoon, I saw this green heron catch and eat a couple very large tadpoles.

IMG_4269.jpg IMG_4273.jpg

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's almost always quiet there except for the occasional boat out on the water. They just recently demolished flooded out houses along the street that runs parallel to the river and as part of the buyout for the homes, there can be nothing built on the land. The town mows the grass so it is actually a great place to enjoy the wildlife there. So far idiots have not left any trash and it has really been a blessing to people like me that enjoy nature. This little town is very small so hopefully everything remains as it is now.
I'm finding many towns, cities and counties have purchased land and enacted green belts, sanctuaries and open space lands in order to prevent urban blackout and give a place for the wild kingdom to strive in all the developments of us humans. It's really nice what's been done around here. I can actually feel like I'm away from the rush of the metro front range when I'm out on the bike trails, but the noise of traffic is something I don't think they'll ever solve real soon?. Most of the noise is from the many tires big and small running up and down the highways. I did see some show where they are trying to develop quieter tires, but they're just not there yet. Last week when I went out on a trail by small town of Evanston Wyoming I could still here very well the sound of all the tire running out on I80 for maybe 5 miles away. Only thing I can think of is go back to the horse or develop the Hover vehicle gliding on a cushion of air or something?. I think that constant noise is driving people mad in some cases.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! there is some great lighting in those first three pictures. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool! there is some great lighting in those first three pictures. :icon_thumleft:

Thank you. That was the good Lord doing the lighting. I just pushed the shutter button:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions