Most INCREDIBLE permission ever! Over 75 coins and my Oldest RARE coin 1722!!

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done my research and in my 2 years of enjoying this unbelievable hobby as many others have I have found some old and awesesome pieces of history one at a time, and learned many things about our past times, but the past 2 days, 10 total hours covering every inch, have been insane and one of my most memorable permissions this far. The morning was crisp and quiet and after a hot coffee I hit my latest permission from the historical society at 0600 at the old c.1702 Quaker Meeting House, there was a lot of iron at first but then things got hot, my first IH 1903 popped out the bottom of an 6" plug, from that moment on it was plug after plug of awesomeness, not only finding over 75 coins and over 25 relics, including buttons and "clips" (could use some help on these two), dated Buffalo(1927), IH pennies(1887-1906), wheats(1910-1951), clad, buckles, Mini ball bullet, eating utensils and my oldest coin to date and one of such RARE scarcity a 1722 KG Half Penny "Rosa Americana" coin in great condition after being left behind almost 300 years ago, I couldn't believe my eyes after digging down 9" deep and pulling a handful of dirt that set off my pinpointer as I waved it over it. Sure was a heart stopper! Had to sit down and light my cigar back up! Felt amazing to be able to show it to the society as they were having an anual breakfast that morning. Hope y'all enjoy this post and finds as much as I did! Happy hunting! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 40

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is what I call fun. I've been on several sites that were loaded like that, and one just so happened to also have a 1722 Rosa Americana. (Twopence)

If only the finds would grow back!

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I've dug a couple of Rosa's but neither are half as nice as yours. As a matter of fact, yours is one of the nicer ones I have ever seen posted.:icon_thumright:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on all the fun that you had, best of luck on the return.
Is the thimble sterling, and what's written on it?

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't "like" this post fast enough...well done!
The suspender clip looks like early 1900's design (early 1900's clips seem to get smaller than the 1800's clips) although your's look like a earlier model of the new design...the teeth look more crude...just my opinion, others may disagree

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Rosa Americana coin!!!, that's an amazing permission you got for yourself!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my research everything is saying it's a half penny, but I myself am not 100% sure, I am going to buy calipers to find the exact diameter today.
Red Book coin book - pics are exact size usually - so you should be able to find match - prob sites on line with actuall pics that you could match too

OP
OP
B

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again guys it was Definately one for my memory book. Also thank you for the description of the suspended clip, I'm still trying to find out what the two other brass "clips" are and the thimble is silver marked with the letters "E.G" "BH9". Don't know much about it my first one tho I'm very happy w it thinking what could have been sewed w it. Also looking for info on the brass token and the button. If anyone could help it be great! Thanks!!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread