Multiple Dump Banks?

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
I would say you should have at least two dump branches, but they don't necessarily have to be different banks. I spread my dumps out to about half a dozen different BofA branches. It is best not to wear out your welcome at any one location.

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
I do 1250 - 1750 in volume per week. I don't dump more than $1000 at a bank. I have a rotation of 8 banks...I use 2 a week.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigt4187 said:
I just started CRH-ing. I currently get a box or two of dimes a week and a box of halves. Should I have two dump banks? I currently dump my coins in a totally different bank than where I get my boxes.

Possibly. Your current dump bank may be just fine with your $750-$1000 per week from here until eternity. They may cut you off the next time you visit them. You never know. I once lost a dump bank only doing ~$500 per week, and I even went so far as to get prior approval from the branch manager before I dumped the first coin.

The general theory is that the more you spread out the dumps, the less likely that any one bank will cut you off. Plus, it never hurts to have multiple options for CRH purposes.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: It never hurts to have many dump banks. Just don't dump where you get your coins from or you might just get your dumps back. Welcome to the hobbey & TN.

HH

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ArkieBassMan said:
bigt4187 said:
I just started CRH-ing. I currently get a box or two of dimes a week and a box of halves. Should I have two dump banks? I currently dump my coins in a totally different bank than where I get my boxes.

Possibly. Your current dump bank may be just fine with your $750-$1000 per week from here until eternity. They may cut you off the next time you visit them. You never know. I once lost a dump bank only doing ~$500 per week, and I even went so far as to get prior approval from the branch manager before I dumped the first coin.

The general theory is that the more you spread out the dumps, the less likely that any one bank will cut you off. Plus, it never hurts to have multiple options for CRH purposes.

+1 Totally agree!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread