mxt obsolete

honda1

Greenie
Aug 11, 2009
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites mxt 300 / 4x6 sharpshooter ,6x10dd, 5.3 , 12" coil , garrett carrot , sunray pro gold headphones, lesche. minelab vanquish 540 pro pack .v12 & v8 coils ..
Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it took a hit with the early and well publicized leaking problems, in fact I had one and it didn't last 5 minutes in the water so that soured me on the model.

If it works great and you like it, can't ask for much more than that.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
i have a mxt 300 , i don"t see much talk on the mxt is it obsolete ? this was a top of the line machine , it still works great are all the new machines so much better ? ..tks on feed back ...
Just like anything else, everyone wants to try something new or own something new. The mxt, dfx, and xlt can still kick butt. I got an etrac and that is my favorite machine, yet its getting pretty old. Still finds the good stuff for me. The most important thing as you probably already know, is knowing your machine. The new ones are great, but nothing at all wrong with your mxt. Its a fine machine.

This is just my opinion, but the reason that the new ones dominate the forums is alot of people have bought new machines, people want to know about them so they can make a decision on buying, and yes some I am sure are better due to technology advancements. Plus the metal detecting companies wouldn't stay in business long if people didn't continue to buy the latest machine. But those metal objects in the ground don't care what brand you have or how old your detector is. If your detector can find deep targets on a routine basis and your happy with it, why change, unless you just want something new, and there's nothing wrong with that either.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Years back I posted what worked for me and some were getting mad about it. They couldn't believe I was using a Bounty Hunter. They felt New comers should put in the time before getting good finds. Besides if a bounty Hunter can get a gold coin, doesn't that put it on the level with the high price units?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT will find targets as deep as any detector out there with the right coil and gain settings, I get dimes all day long at 10"+ with some being a full 12". It will hold its own with the V3i or the E-trac as far as depth goes. HH

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I did have a mxt, hunt sidewalk and demo sites in relic mode dig all positive signals even down to the foil range. After a heavy rain hit the area again. I found dimes at 10-12 inches and folks wouldn't believe it. Just learn your machine it will come in time.

OP
OP
H

honda1

Greenie
Aug 11, 2009
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites mxt 300 / 4x6 sharpshooter ,6x10dd, 5.3 , 12" coil , garrett carrot , sunray pro gold headphones, lesche. minelab vanquish 540 pro pack .v12 & v8 coils ..
the mxt is working great , just never hear anyone talk about the mxt , i know there's a lot of machines still in use out their, still finding silver about 6 inch down . glad to hear the mxt is still in use .a very good machine .

Attachments

• IMG_0421[2799].jpg
    IMG_0421[2799].jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For depth I use the D2 White's 10"DD coil and try and run at +2 gain EMI permitting, use just audible threshold and I run relic mode. A good set of headphones are a must to hear those really deep whisper targets which are usually the good stuff, use as much gain as you can without making too much background noise so you'll hear those whisper targets. HH

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
no one is talking about them,because they just work without any problems.just a old work horse.love mine and use it most of the time.i have a gmt for gold.i like my 5 x 10 whites dd eclipse coil ,i have a 13 inch detech ultimate dd coil, its feel heavy after a while.i would like to hear what other people think about these coils.
brad

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was offered one once but 4.2 pounds ( !! Yikes) Built like a tank is one thing...swinging a tank all day is something else!I wasnt crazy about the 8 (?) AA battery pack either. Modern Minelab equinox 2.96 pounds, F75 3.5 pounds.
In my opinion no functioning detector in the last 15 years is really obsolete...they still find stuff. There's always the benefits of Whites customer service also(which I hear is excellent).

chub

OP
OP
H

honda1

Greenie
Aug 11, 2009
kansas
Detector(s) used
using 5.3 c coil . run g b on lock use sun ray gold head phones , in relic , mostly coin , keep thresh hold low , gain about 2 + , only emi i have is with the new garrett carrot , if gets to close to detector , feed back in head phones , just need more time to use mxt . tks .

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just returned to the hobby a little over a month ago, and because I was so excited and have some disposable income, I opted for 2 nice machines. Now that the newness has worn off, I would have been happy with just one. If you know your machine and it's tendencies, as long as it's in good working shape, there's no reason it can't do the job for you. Good luck with your MXT, sounds like a good machine.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
You can find just as much as the latest machine will find. New machines on the market aren’t really that much more advanced as far as really knowing what’s in the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions