MXT Pro problems

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My MXG Pro died I think. I only got it in April and love it, but last couple of hunts noticed it was not acting right. I put in new batteries, but no help there. I took three coins out and put them on the ground and scanned. It did not get a one right. I switched to relic mode and they all came up buckles. I wondered why I did not find anything the last couple of times out. It is right on with quarters, dimes and pennies. Now It gives mixed signals, non of them right.
I sent her back today to Oregon. I got it from Kellyco. We will see how White's is with the service.

Ah hate to be without it for a couple of weeks. And wondering how far I walked with it not even working. Could have been walking all those hours scanning with a stick. Shoot.

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know what they found out. I have the mxt 300 and it was giving me problems too and went to the 5.3 elclipse coil. I love it! If you don't have one, I would get one for it.

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the only coil I use. Can't use that big one it comes with where I have to hunt. I will let you know.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sef coil line is also really good should definetly think about gettin one If u dont have one

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you at least try the other coil just to see if it was a coil problem?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calibration went whacko.

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, they called me yesterday and said they took it all apart and did not find anything seriously wrong. He did say a connection somewhere was a tiny bit loose. It seems to be working for them, but he is going to test it further before returning. We will see. They are a great company to work with.
Will let you know.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure hope they get you up and running. This is a funny hobby in the sense our equipment (detectors) isn't like other hobbies where ya just pick another bat or club. Takes a lot of hours to become really effective with them. I have had backup/loaner detectors in the past and really need to get one again, but once you get used to one that suits you it is hard to change back and forth or do without your primary. My T2 SE and I are in a love hate relationship ha ha. As much as I hunt in the iron trash I think it would be true of any machine for me right now. Anyway, I hear mainly good things about White's and their service. The White's machines sure seem to be at the top of the heap in build quality. Hope ya get her back soon. HH.....:icon_thumleft:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True very true at the moment I got 3 so its got its ups & downs, hard to learn & stay with just one or pesen ur back up then go back to ur main. There more tools to me theres a,right tool for the job at hand. Whites machines well theres a reason Why they been around for so long. I hope you get urs back & can get right back out there gettin the goods hh everyone

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My MXG Pro died I think. I only got it in April and love it, but last couple of hunts noticed it was not acting right. I put in new batteries, but no help there. I took three coins out and put them on the ground and scanned. It did not get a one right. I switched to relic mode and they all came up buckles. I wondered why I did not find anything the last couple of times out. It is right on with quarters, dimes and pennies. Now It gives mixed signals, non of them right. I sent her back today to Oregon. I got it from Kellyco. We will see how White's is with the service. Ah hate to be without it for a couple of weeks. And wondering how far I walked with it not even working. Could have been walking all those hours scanning with a stick. Shoot.

You myself all your problems by just cleaning out the coil cover. Dirt and oil cover will definitely cut everything down.

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one of the things I did. Replaced batteries and took off coil cover. It was very clean. When I talked to him, I told him I got signals on very big stuff, but a penny showed nothing. On top of the ground or at 3 inches. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. He is checking it again before sending it back. He said sounds like something is not making contact at least some of the time? We will see. And, I also thought of the headphones. But nothing showed on the screen either, so not them. I will let you know. They are very good! Love my White's!

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
<snip> Could have been walking all those hours scanning with a stick. Shoot.

Sorry you are having problems, but that is just plain funny right there! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions