My first bling ring!

thebirdflu

Aug 29, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. The weather is beautiful here in Missouri and I finally had time to go out so This morning I went to a park in a nearby town that I remember playing at as a kid. It still has a lot of the old playground equipment that I played on as a wee lad 30 years ago. Strangely enough in my 45 min hunt I only found pennies. Seventeen pennies to be exact and most of them I flicked out of the ground with my pointer. However one find was different. I got an 84-85 on my AT Pro and I thought hey this might be a quarter! At least something other than a penny! Lo and behold it was my first non-junk jewelry in 18 months of detecting. It's a sterling ring with a stone in the middle. It's a tiny chip of a stone but it tested as diamond!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426463472.624310.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426463494.090300.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426463509.206904.jpg

I think this could be a virgin site too. Those pennies screamed at me because they were on the surface. The park is huge too, like 22 acres, and the playground equipment is spread throughout. I might make this my little honey hole. [emoji2] Good luck and happy hunting everyone.

Upvote 9

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Lovely ring & worth the wait! :hello2: :icon_thumright: :notworthy:

Stick with that park as you're probably right that you're the first to detect there. Or others tried and gave up too soon. Have Fun! Andi

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too am in MO and our parks and schoolyards are known for "growing" sterling rings for us to "harvest." Hit every inch of the park, even out on the edges for more bounty! Great ring. Sub 8-)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver and diamond ring! Nice!

Don't skip all the foil signals either it could be gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread