My first forum, on my new find

Dcromer79

Feb 25, 2024
Hey I’m new here but I wanted to report my find to this forum, jus like to get confirmation that it is indeed a 2023 VDB-EXtra-V hope you like and can’t wait to see what you all have to say 🤙🏻

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    913.8 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Image_2024-02-21 13_20_57_833.png
    Image_2024-02-21 13_20_57_833.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
Upvote 3

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well let me be the FIRST to welcome you to a GREAT FORUM @@@ I know nothing about the extra v penny but I am sure there are others on here that will.
How about telling us about your self. like what location you live in and what type of machine or machines you use ?

OP
OP
D

Dcromer79

Feb 25, 2024
Well let me be the FIRST to welcome you to a GREAT FORUM @@@ I know nothing about the extra v penny but I am sure there are others on here that will.
How about telling us about your self. like what location you live in and what type of machine or machines you use ?
I live in Stephen’s County Georgia in a little town called Martin, im 44 and disabled,just living the single life and enjoying, metal detecting when i find new places to search and in my other times IM searching through coins and i came across this rare gem, honestly the first big find I’ve had since I found a really old gold ring, that i listed and sold for $200

OP
OP
D

Dcromer79

Feb 25, 2024
I live in Stephen’s County Georgia in a little town called Martin, im 44 and disabled,just living the single life and enjoying, metal detecting when i find new places to search and in my other times IM searching through coins and i came across this rare gem, honestly the first big find I’ve had since I found a really old gold ring, that i listed and sold for $200
And honestly all I use is this little metal detector

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGAIN I say welcome . As for your metal detector. If you KNOW what the machine is telling you THAT'S all you really need to continue :) Thanks for the reply. If you have questions here just post and someone will reply :) Thanks for sharing !!!

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
And honestly all I use is this little metal detector
Is that a scuba detector? In basically all of my field searches I use only a pinpointer. Variety of reasons for that choice but I've definitely rustled up some cool finds with it, learned to understand what limited information it gives me and how to maximize it's effectiveness. I've considered a little scuba detector but I'm not clear how much better reach it actually gets and it's not as compact as I like. When I'm out dump digging the smaller coil is nice.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from a fellow Georgian.

Mdpartner

Sep 8, 2018
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen one but a little Google Foo and I found this. Mint State $575.00

See this?
it says dump it fast.

1711946414373.png

Last edited:

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to T-Net. If not for your post, I would have never known of this variety Lincoln penny. So, like "Mdpartner", I did a little searching & found a couple of links to add to "Mdpartner's" links. Thanks for posting & making us aware of this coin. I'll be looking for them myself.
Here are 2 more links to look at. "PCGS" is one of the premiere coin grading services in the world, and "Coin World" is a top-notch coin monthly mag that has millions of readers. Thanks & Happy Hunting
Here are the 2 links:
PCGS

COIN WORLD

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread