My first Morgan Dollars

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was dumping some coin in the coin counter at my bank and thought it was my lucky day when I found a 1969 Kennedy half in the reject tube. One I was done I could hear something rolling around inside the machine. I asked the teller to check for me and she proceeded to hand me 4 "big dollars" while saying "the machine won't take these". The top two coins were a 1974 and a 1977 Ike. The bottom two coins were an 1888 and a 1890 Morgan Silver Dollars! I couldn't believe it, these are my first two Morgans ever. What a great day. Enjoy the pics! IMG_0420.JPG

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice- I found my 1st as well today except it was a fake

just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can u buy the rest of the coins in the machine? Might be silver dimes and quarters too!

OP
OP
D

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can u buy the rest of the coins in the machine? Might be silver dimes and quarters too!

No- I wish you could but they don't let you buy the bags. I'm sure there were a lot of good ones that made it through if these were the leftovers.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
People who got 'em for a dollar.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a rough bag to pass up. I saw a halves bag around christmas time that had more silver than it had clad in it. They simply wouldn't sell it to me, there was nothing I could do

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread