My first ring....maybe? Your thoughts.

Mitzki5

Mar 21, 2009
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Found and old dog tax tag, a 1906 or 1908 Indian and something that I think is my first ring. I am not sure though. Seems kind of small for how wide it is. It has something inscribed on the inside. Best I can tell it's a 5 and something else. Maybe an arrow. What are your thoughts on the ring.
ring pic.jpg ring2 pic.jpg

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 5 could be the ring size

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be part of a 925 stamp. Use some baking soda to clean it up. Maybe that will give you more information.

OP
OP
Mitzki5

Mitzki5

Mar 21, 2009
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Looks gold colored on the outside but I don't think it is gold unless just gold plated. Will try to get a better pic. I tried to read the inscription but just cant see it even with a magnifying glass.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appears to be a ring. I dig many "looks like a ring" items that turn out to be cut-off ends of pipe or other construction or sprinkler parts. So if your ring has no evidence of threats on the outer edges or inside, no evidence of saw marks, and with the "5" stamped inside, then it is a child's size 5 ring. Congrats on your first one! Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Mitzki5

Mitzki5

Mar 21, 2009
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
After looking at this and researching a little. I think the mark inside the ring is a U with an arrow thru it and "5" to the right of it. A company named Uncas Manufacturing uses this mark. That is all I have found though and have not found any ring that looks like it online.

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure looks like a ring to me..congratulations, the first of many.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions