Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted my large cent earlier, and I forgot the rest of the story...

As I was walking back to my house, I heard some grunting and bleeping--what!? That sounds like someone else is detecting! It was coming from my neighbour, right across the street. I went to check it out, and the kids were playing with a metal detector. The dad tells me he found it at the dump in a town 10 minutes from us, he works for the local sanitation dept.

It's a Teknetics Delta 4000, in mint shape, even came with headphones. Kellyco has them listed at $280. I wonder if someone got frustrated and chucked it. Maybe someone's significant other got frustrated and threw it out haha! At any rate I thought it was cool that he grabbed it.

Upvote 6

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They may have taken it to the dump to metal detect and got tired of digging trash and left it there.

payload77

Jul 3, 2014
WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fell off the bumper of someone's truck maybe? Maybe some guys wife chucked in the trash because he was always out of the house? : )

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's amazing what some people throw away, it's embarrassing sometimes, but I can't pass a dumpster without a peek inside.

found a brand new dry washer in the dumpster at the public camping area in Quartzsite.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's amazing what some people throw away, it's embarrassing sometimes, but I can't pass a dumpster without a peek inside.

found a brand new dry washer in the dumpster at the public camping area in Quartzsite.

It is Amazing :) I went to a yard sale a while back. Late in the day so I was a stragler. After going through the sale and not finding much I start asking questions about whats in the garage whats in the shed. (It's an estate sale) Long story short I end up with permission to go through the trash. 3x 35 gallon trash cans and 2 rugs rolled up by it. I took both rugs, from the 1930's they sold for over $500 each. I found 48 star flags and brand new in boxes hand made quilts 4x 300 = 1200 cash!
I go to drsg the last can twards me and I about pull my arm off it is so heavy. I take the top layer of trash off and wow. Turns out this old guy owned gas stations in the 20's. In addition to old Rio Grande gas station memorabilia 3/4 of this trash can was full of Brand new In original boxes Period Champion Model A spark plugs. At the time I found them I thought neat! I hope they are worth something cause Im about to give myself a hernia hauling them home. I went to the local Madel A car club and they were so excited to see them. Long story short, in record time I sold every last plug at $15 each and netted over 3800 cash.
That my friends is a nice set of cans! :)

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh and Maven, Don't EVER be embarrased by getting a leg up on someone trash! After all, the only thing better than recycle is repurpose

chiefdanaho

Jun 6, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The detector was probably in the truck or car as the trash was being taken to the dump..Then set to the side as the trash was tossed away,then forgot about and left..

Ive heard of numerous things done like that.. example- a guy has his weedeater on the truck already,loads his trash up,goes to the dump,takes weedeater off FIRST AND SITS IT ASIDE OUT OF THE WAY,proceeds to toss trash,the leaves totatly forgetting about his weedeater..

daN

chiefdanaho

Jun 6, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

<-------------------------cannot pass up a trash pile

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The detector was probably in the truck or car as the trash was being taken to the dump..Then set to the side as the trash was tossed away,then forgot about and left..

Ive heard of numerous things done like that.. example- a guy has his weedeater on the truck already,loads his trash up,goes to the dump,takes weedeater off FIRST AND SITS IT ASIDE OUT OF THE WAY,proceeds to toss trash,the leaves totatly forgetting about his weedeater..

daN

Sounds like a stunt my absent-minded self would pull. You know, walk out of a store without my change, or leave what I bought laying on the counter.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

daN
Um Ive done that dumb stunt myself

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super find! :hello2: His kids will have a lot of fun & maybe Dad will get involved too. Andi
Sniff sniff I smell competition in the ol neighborhood :)
Or take that kid along with you on permissions WHo could say no to a nice kid in a ball cap with an MD and a sad face?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! Done that too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread