My oldest coin yet and a little bit of silver

Bizzo

Aug 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know my finds may not compare to some of the other stuff in today's finds, but considering the only old coins I've found are 3 wheat cents and a 1906 barber dime I believe today was my best day yet.
I hit an early 1900s house site in the morning and managed to find an 1895 Indian head cent.
After fighting tall grass and a lot of trash I decided to hit an old house that recently burned down in the middle of the woods on family property. When I got there the grass was once again too tall, and the iron trash was terrible. So I was detecting on the outskirts and around the animal pens and managed to find a 1944 war nickel. I was pretty excited about both coins. I also found my first complete horse shoe which I believe was good luck. I can't take close up pictures with my phone so I apologize for the quality and I haven't cleaned the nickel much yet.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440291032.707948.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440291089.430112.jpg

Upvote 4

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great! There are some long-time members that haven't found OD nickels. Thanks for sharing your IHP. Nice work and keep them coming.

Steve

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Indian and the war nickle.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a good day, but you had to work for those keepers. Nice silver nickle, wish I knew why some people have a hard time finding their first. Love the IHP, it's always nice to see one in the plug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread