My opinions, metal detecting from certain organizations frown down on our hobby

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price donā€™t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a new subject, before we get started Iā€™m not negative, trying to controversy, I state facts. Sure certain land is government protected, moving on, the hobby in my opinion is drawing interest, more sales data confirmed that. Look traditional parks public are simply getting thinned out, no no Iā€™m not saying itā€™s all found. Itā€™s simply not getting replenished with the silver coins, relics of old. Ok dp permissions are difficult why because the way society has become not kind to a stranger knocking on their door, facts r true. Folks the finds r getting depleted, unless you have a magic wand that can see through the ground or have a ship and equipment to find the wreckage of ships.
any suggestions, I get a thrill when anyone finds something, itā€™s getting harder, just think of the top surface finds of the 60 and 70s, machines didnt have to deep then, im listening go ahead

bosmith

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2019
Genoa Twp, MI
Detector(s) used
Nokta Macro SImplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a new subject, before we get started Iā€™m not negative, trying to controversy, I state facts. Sure certain land is government protected, moving on, the hobby in my opinion is drawing interest, more sales data confirmed that. Look traditional parks public are simply getting thinned out, no no Iā€™m not saying itā€™s all found. Itā€™s simply not getting replenished with the silver coins, relics of old. Ok dp permissions are difficult why because the way society has become not kind to a stranger knocking on their door, facts r true. Folks the finds r getting depleted, unless you have a magic wand that can see through the ground or have a ship and equipment to find the wreckage of ships.
any suggestions, I get a thrill when anyone finds something, itā€™s getting harder, just think of the top surface finds of the 60 and 70s, machines didnt have to deep then, im listening go ahead
Honestly, I'm more concerned about what I see as an influx of (very) casual detectorists that tear up parks. I'm finding bad plugs in places I've detected for years. One of my favorite spots (45 mins away, visit a few times a year) has declared metal detecting off limits on all city property. I've never seen another detectorist there, either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread