My review/thoughts on Eurotek Pro

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in July I purchased a Eurotek Pro with the 8 inch concentric searchcoil for my birthday after reading some of the reviews and watching several videos...My main unit is the Fisher CZ5 which I use on the majority of my hunts. To test the Eurotek pro, I decided to check out a local soccerfield to see how it would perform...In a matter of 40 minutes I recovered 25 coins plus a silver quarter...Nice little haul considering it was my first time with the detector and on subsequent visits found 30 plus coins on every trip to the field...No jewelry except a junk ring but this little inexpensive detector really impressed me..

So today, I decided to hit a site with the Eurotek Pro that I have used my CZ5 on several occasions where I found many old coins...I decided to hit an area where I found two large cents in one hole back in September. About 2 feet away from where I found those pennies I recovered an old silver dime at 6 inches with the Eurotek Pro! What baffled me was how did I pass that dime after going over it several times with the CZ5? Granted, the grass where the silver dime was found was flattened dramatically by ATVs and perhaps I couldn't pass over the CZs coil over that spot...But that was impressive to find that dime at that depth with the Eurotek Pro...The signal was loud and clear and read in the mid to high 80s...

So here are the pros and cons of the Eurotek Pro if you are considering to purchase one...

Pros:

Very lightweight...You can swing this detector all day! My arm gets really tired using the CZ5 after a few hours..
Great battery life
Very fast response to various targets and excellent in iron infested areas
Large ID numbers...Very easy to see..
You can reduce the iron signal volume so while you are not discriminating the iron, you will not hear it with the volume set to 10...Nice feature..
The detector can retain the settings...
Great depth and the detector locks on very well to coins.
The tones are very pleasant to identify targets..
Honestly, it seems to work better in iron than my CZ5 and has a quicker response to targets. However, the Eurotek Pro is not as deep as the CZ5.
Very stable...I always had the impression that Teknetic detectors were unstable due to EMI...Not the Eurotek Pro!!
Finally, it is hard to beat the 5 year warranty...

Cons:
The only thing I don't like is the inability of the Eurotek Pro to pinpoint accurately...I've read about this problem on other reviews as well...The detector will give a 1 inch target a depth of 3 inches almost every time when pinpointing...Still, this is no big issue as you can easily pinpoint on your own without using the pinpoint mode once you get use to it..

The screen itself is a little flimsy so I put a screen protector over it so that it wouldn't get scratched or damaged..

So there you have it...The Eurotek pro is very easy to use and great for someone beginning to take up the hobby or someone who has been into MDing for a long time...It has spunk, quick response to targets, lightweight, large ID numbers and very impressive depth...So for the price, you cannot go wrong with this detector...I will be taking this detector to other sites I've pounded with my CZ5 to see if it can find more goodies that may have been missed...Hope this review is helpful for those considering the Eurotek Pro. HHing!

Last edited:

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great little detector with surprising depth & features - I miss mine

longbone

Tenderfoot
Nov 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought the etp 2 years ago as a back up for my top of the line machine. Didn't take long to realize my et performed on a comparable level and even better in iron. Sold that detector and now the et is my work horse. No more detector envy.

clad_the_impaler

Jan 27, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotech Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great write up! I also have the ETP. Do you have recommended settings for regular soil and sand (both wet and dry)? I followed the manual's recommendation but wasn't very successful. YT vids showed something very different (like 5/0/10 as settings) for sand.

Any suggestions you'd have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Single freq machines do not work well in wet salt sand.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I pretty much never hear a bad word about the ETP or any Teknetics machines for that matter.
they build great machines. Even thire "low end" units are extremely impressive.

beano52

Mar 21, 2015
STL MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000 Eurotek Pro Tesoro Vaquero Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ETP has the "pinpoint button defect". You know the one where you push the pinpoint button and it beeps erratically about 70% of the time and works fine the other 30%?

Anyhow, i just pinpoint off the coil tip and works FLAWLESSLY.

One of these days, I'll ship it out to First Texas where I am positive they will take care of the issue (judging from personal First Texas dealings).

I enjoy hunting with the EuroTek Pro every now and again.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I pretty much never hear a bad word about the ETP or any Teknetics machines for that matter.
they build great machines. Even thire "low end" units are extremely impressive.

Yea even the alpha. 2000 is deep and I.d's very well.
I bought a etp to replace it as my haul around unit but I'll have to part with compadre and golden sabre ii and keep the alpha. There are no flies on any teknetics or fishers,or ftp period.
If Dave j.had a touch on it then it will be a no nonsense workhorse.:thumbsup:

angleofattack

Aug 9, 2015
West Point, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Euro tech pro dd, xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its a great coin shooter and bullet finder. Even though the display gives great info, after using it, the different sound ids really make it a great machine. I never use the pin point: I just move my coil at 45deg angles and its dead on target. Its a relic huntin coin shootin rootin tootin fastiness blastiness metal detector East or West of the Pacos, for the money! Im just sayin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions