Beepndig

Aug 19, 2015
CO
Detector(s) used
Ace350, pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My third silver and it's my first jewlry

Revisited my best hunting site I've discovered so far, and it didn't disappoint for the second night in a row.:hello2: my first silver rosé came from this site, my oldest coin Last night with a 37 three pence and tonight I found my first jewelry. Same story as yesterday with the three pence. Almost dark and the same homeless guy came stumbling up to abandon house next to field. I started working my way back to the car as wife is in my ear. "It's too dark, let's go......" She comes along every once in a while but isn't very enthusiastic about it. Then I got the tone and said to myself ,its exactly like last night and I have to dig . Like the three pence, it was close enough to the surface for the pin pointer to pick it up. It rang up as a solid dime that didn't fluctuate like my first silver dime did. Modern dimes might jump between penny, dime and quarter . Silver seems to hit more consistent on the ID . I had dug several dimes from the seventies and a few zincs so far and was feeling like I was about to hit my third dime. Took a precise little plug with my home made little digging knife and it was in the plug. Started breaking it apart ad saw the edge. Very little light but looking like silver. Ahh crap it's a piece of cooper wire scrap.......or it's a ring with a few rubies and small diamonds! Handed it to the wife and she slipped on her finger and said "k, now we can leave...." She grabbed her detector and backpack and headed for the car.:icon_thumright: broke the the ice on some decent jewlry with the 925 hallmark . image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 9

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Find!!! I'd check that place over with a fine tooth comb!!!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice looking ring keep checking that place out looks like a little honey hole

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet looking ring! It's amazing sometimes how fast they go from buried to the wife's finger hah

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring, sounds like a good place to hit again!

OP
OP
B

Beepndig

Aug 19, 2015
CO
Detector(s) used
Ace350, pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had kept all the finds from this location separate from all my other coins. I have been there several times and never been skunked. I have pulled one wheat, around thirty-40 dimes, a few quarters and nickels, rtd bus tokens, silver dime, silver plated pendant, 37 three pence , and now my sterling ring. I haven't even hunted 1/4 of the area yet. The small grassy area that seems to be the hot spot, I have not hunted half yet. I also keep finding stuff in areas I have already hunted. Still have to learn to slow down and make sure I get good overlap while swinging away. I also feel like I may find some deeper targets once we get some rain. This place is so baked out. I have pulled a few dimes around 5", but most have been less than 2". How ever, It is perfect conditions for getting the detector right on top of the ground with little vegetation . and being abandoned , I am not afraid to drag my full size sharp shooter shovel around and dig.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your first silver jewelry!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats and welcome to the club! Now u know to dig the mid-high tones...keep learn that detector...rememeber...location location location...and some luck!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SWEET LOOKING RING .....

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done.
After a few days of steady rain, the deeper, older targets may make their presence known. Stay with that spot.
I keep a log where I document each hunt. Location, date, temps, finds, totals, and especially significant finds like jewelry and silver coins.
I also put silver coins, tokens, and foreign coins in folders and tag all jewelry. Good luck & HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread