Nazi Mother’s crosses: authentic?

cstottl76

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased these mother’s crosses recently, and would like to know if they’re authentic before I put them in my WW2 collection. I also have an NSKOV veterans pin that I’m pretty sure is fake. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1569777684.030458.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1569777696.783705.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1569777707.656057.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1569777718.327968.jpg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dunno........ Pix. # 1 looks to new to be WW2

OP
OP
C

cstottl76

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dunno........ Pix. # 1 looks to new to be WW2

I’m thinking the gold colored one is probably a fake as well, but I’m not sure. You can see copper under the enamel too which also makes me skeptical.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the ww2 Nazi stuff goes for big bucks.Maybe, shop around for dealers who deal in same,would be the way to go.good luck.

OP
OP
C

cstottl76

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I typically do buy from dealers, but I purchased these for cheap when I first started collecting WW2 militaria. I’m just trying to determine if they’re authentic because I don’t want anything fake mixed in with my collection.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm pretty sure the Mothers Cross are not 100% metal of their respective names. I believe they are gilded gold, silver or bronze on a copper metal base. I purchased this gold Mothers Cross at the Malmedy museum in Baugnez, Belgium. You can see some of the copper showing on mine as well.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Closeup.jpg
    Closeup.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 85
OP
OP
C

cstottl76

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure the Mothers Cross are not 100% metal of their respective names. I believe they are gilded gold, silver or bronze on a copper metal base. I purchased this gold Mothers Cross at the Malmedy museum in Baugnez, Belgium. You can see some of the copper showing on mine as well.

Good to know, thanks for showing me that! I looked everywhere online and couldn’t find out what metal the crosses were actually supposed to be made of. I think that’s a good sign if the metal is right.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These were not military medals, consequently they were not precious metals. They were handed out to keep German women in the loop as far as the party was concerned. Bronze cross for bearing 4 children, silver for 6, gold for 8+, these do not sell for much money unless they’re a complete ensemble with the box and papers. Nobody wastes time and money making passable repops, yours are real. Sorry, I didn’t look at how old this post was, lol

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread