NE ohio?

southrnthunder0

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2013
Northeast Ohio Elyria lorain county
Detector(s) used
radio shack when I was a kid. mpx digital now.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorain county here. :-/ looking to order a new detector. At pro or at gold, not sure if I should look at something else that works better I this area? What are you using? I have a mpx from kellyco. Im absolutely annoyed with the false signals.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a old canal that went all the way to New York there, I would research that guys. Since you have a lot of wet weather, I would suggest the atp. But your gonna get falsing. I run a F75 and it good for dry land. There is many stories of trains falling into rivers full of gold. There is also other treasure stories. Ohio has some great country to search, good luck. I now live in the desert, cant help you more than that.

OP
OP
C

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorain county here. :-/ looking to order a new detector. At pro or at gold, not sure if I should look at something else that works better I this area? What are you using? I have a mpx from kellyco. Im absolutely annoyed with the false signals.

I'm running the garrett atpro. I need a 5 by 8 coil and a sniper coil. I'll probably get myself a 5 by 8 this summer. It's a good machine for relic hunting down south. Up here in NE ohio it seems to do pretty well. It acts as a clad magnet for me lol. But it adds up!

OP
OP
C

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have, however, dug three silver quarters with it. The max depth I think I've gotten with my coil was about 9inches...on a non-ferris target.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be interested in a hunt out that way. But I would like to make it a weekend hunt as I would be coming around 200 miles. I though if anyone that detects did any fishing perch, eyes or crappies we could fish detect and both days that way we get a full day of doing stuff. I have 3 water detectors we could hit up some beaches a early morning then do some fishing or fish 1st the fish the afternoon. do that both days. so if anyone like to fish and detect shot me a PM.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread