Nebraska token

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll be able to look this up in my NE token book in a few days and will post what it says about this token then.
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks John

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better condition than mine but hey that's one new token off the books

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
The NE Book isn't very enlightening on this one - it shows rarity 5 on a scale of 7 which translates to 11-25 examples known. A little searching shows that William Steen was proprietor & cook in a restaurant in Arlington in 1930, but in 1931 he had evidently moved into nearby Fremont, NE. His restaurant there was at 1322 Military Road (It appears they have changed the addressing scheme and now Military Avenue is split into west and east - they probably renumbered everything so I can't tell the present-day location). He was probably in business for just a short time in Arlington because he was fairly young - born there in 1902 as near as I can tell, so I'd guess the token dates from say 1925-30. He died in 1974 and is buried in the Arlington cemetery.
John in the Great 208

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread