Need Help!! Possible Mule Penny?!? IHP and Lincoln cent?!?

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Need some help guys. My buddy found a really strange coin yesterday. But if it's a US mint screw up, I have to imagine it's very valuable. It's a copper penny with the obverse of a 1921 wheat Penny, and the other side of the coin is an obverse of an 1892 Indian Head Penny?!? Is this a possible carnival piece, or somebody else messing around? Those dates seem too far apart, for me to think it's a US Mint Error coin, but stranger things have happened? Appreciate the help. This isn't a joke either. The pics are truly the same coin. Anyways, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 9

MountainDewed

Oct 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did someone go through all this trouble, plant it in a high percentage spot where a treasure hunter would look with detector? Just a thought but awesome find and to think about...

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooooo....just what is it you're saying Treb ole buddy? You don't trust his word? ;)

No, don't start trouble, I just thought it would make for a cool pic. Sometimes, for myself I like taking pix more than the find or digging the find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions