Need ID Help With A Few Pieces Of Jewelry

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I got a call from one of my estate sale contacts Wednesday. They wanted me to give them a price on a "big" lot of jewelry. Most times I get a call like that it's not really what I consider a big lot. This time they handed me several bags of jewelry that had been presorted and asked for a price. I made the deal and am in the process of sorting. I've got a few items I need help with id. The first piece is an English silver bangle.

IMG_4525.JPG IMG_4523.JPG IMG_4524.JPG

The next piece is marked Norway. I think it might be from Norway Design but I can't figure out which artist made it.

IMG_4526.JPG IMG_4521.JPG IMG_4522.JPG

The final piece is costume. It's marked "CRAFT" followed by a copyright symbol.

IMG_4527.JPG IMG_4528.JPG

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that antique buckle bracelet! The norwegian one - yeah norway designs - that middle mark though I don’t know. Style is same as Tone Vigeland so probably her - there’s a similar mark on 925-1000

Owls are sweet. Gem-Craft company I believe.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow great to get first dibs

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First one made in Birmingham, England. That's what the anchor means. The lion with raised paw means sterling silver. The JS is Joseph Smith & Sons I think. The T is the date letter for 1868 I think. https://www.925-1000.com/dlBirmingham4.html#M

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
First one made in Birmingham, England. That's what the anchor means. The lion with raised paw means sterling silver. The JS is Joseph Smith & Sons I think. The T is the date letter for 1868 I think. https://www.925-1000.com/dlBirmingham4.html#M

I knew the anchor and lion marks. Good call on the JS mark and date. I'm still puzzled by the ACG mark. Now I need to figure out what I'm going to price these at.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew the anchor and lion marks. Good call on the JS mark and date. I'm still puzzled by the ACG mark. Now I need to figure out what I'm going to price these at.

The buckle bracelet i think will bring $125 or better if you sell it online. We probably sold a dozen or so of them over the years. Ppl like them a lot - though many have gold elements.

The owls I would sell online and offer international shipping. I think you could get $25-$35 for it. It’s really nice.

The scandinavian piece is a tough sell - there are just tons of them for sale now, but should still bring $100 - $150

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful owl piece! :occasion14:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just doing a bit of tidying up on some older threads, mainly for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

The buckle bracelet is indeed sterling silver hallmarked for Joseph Smith & Sons of Vittoria Street, Birmingham but not from 1868. The date letter for that would be a regular upper case serifed ‘T’ in a round cartouche. The date letter here is an italic upper case ‘T’ without serifs in a shield cartouche, which is 1968.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions