Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My other thread about the $2.00 bills got a response from FreeBirdTim. So I checked on what he suggested and while there I checked out this other old banknote from the batch I now have. This bill is a $1.00 1935E Silver Certificate *Note (* 42956201 F). It appears there very common and generally sell for around $10.00 each. But when I clicked on the few that were selling for $1,500 - $2,000 I learned something. Error notes are worth a lot of money it appears. And the one I got has the same error that the $1,800 & $2,000 ones state. These notes are misaligned upon the linen their printed upon and then cut. This meaning there NOT centered upon the bill leaving narrow and wide margins on the ends or top / bottom. Mine is misaligned all around especially left & right with much wider margin on bottom and right side. This is mine below....

1699380850623.png

Here's the other 2 I found selling for $1,800 - $2,000 on eBay....

1699381015968.jpeg

1699381058890.jpeg

Any opinions (good or bad)....????? Maybe take the first $10.00 offer???? Thanks all...... Brad

HistoryHunter22

Apr 19, 2015
Cortland NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150, bounty hunter gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
given your is a star note, theirs seem to be in better condition and a larger off cut if that makes sense. easier to see the mess up compared to yours. alot of people may have over looked the miscut of your until you told them. if that makes any sense.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a difference between 'selling for' and 'sold for'. I've collected coins my entire life and I see absolutely nothing that would make those notes worth that price. Personally, I'd rather have yours since it's a star note, but when it comes to paper money, condition is everything. Yours and the others are all circulated, so that brings the value down to not a whole lot more than face value. I couldn't see myself paying more than 5 dollars for any of them. Just my opinion, other people may disagree.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
given your is a star note, theirs seem to be in better condition and a larger off cut if that makes sense. easier to see the mess up compared to yours. alot of people may have over looked the miscut of your until you told them. if that makes any sense.
Thanks, Yes it does make sense. After looking at my pic I posted and then in "real" life at the note the photo I posted doesn't give a good sense of it. But their bills I think are in better shape. But the misalignment on mine is more pronounce to show if I knew how to take a good photo. But that possible $10.00 windfall is always in my backpocket....????? (maybe).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread