vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Kirk_75! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...
tn_metal_detector.gif
You might consider posting your requst on BRANDS > MINELAB for more exposure...

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk welcome to Treasurenet !1 I had a GPZ 7000 and sold it., I am in no condition to go prospecting !! As fo the difference in machines i am not a expert on any of them. i watched a few youtube videos on the 7000 and they seemed to do quite well :) Good luck and keep us posted

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The 7000 is good for deeper larger nuggets with a more complicated interface and is very heavy like Gare said. The 6000 from what I can tell doesn't go as deep but it will find large and small nuggets equally well. The 6000 has a very simplified interface (similar to a Gold Monster) smaller battery and it's much lighter. The instructions say it's submersible to a meter, but when Minelab talks about the 6000 they say it's "weatherproof." Some people say that pinpointing with the 6000 is a pain in the rear. The Literature for the 6000 says that it's more "powerful" than the 5000, but a new 5000 is $4000, and a 6000 is around $6000. Not falling for marketing hype will save you $2000 upfront. If you're diligent any of these detectors will easily pay for themselves, but to get your first new PI with a warranty go for the 5000. If you want a 4500 you'll have to buy used for under $2000 with extra coils. The good thing about the 4500 and the 5000 is there are a lot of available aftermarket coils.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A PI detector that I totally forgot about in my last post is the Garratt ATX. People have said that it's almost as good as the 5000, but how do you quantify "almost?" I think that might be brand preference talking. Years ago a YouTuber named Bearkat did a series of comparison videos between the Minelab SDC2300 and the ATX and found they had virtually the same performance except that the ATX was about $1500 cheaper. The ATX and the SDC2300 are both waterproof and can fold into a backpack and they both can find ultra-small nuggets. The ATX is about $2400 with one coil and you can get the Deep Seeker package with two coils and a hard case for $2800. The SDC2300 is at $4000 right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread