Neighbors moved away

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And they were cleaning out their house getting everything loaded on the truck. And they came and said that anything left in the garage I could keep if I wanted to. There was a garage full of just about nothing I could do anything with. I did get some firewood but it's 97° here so I will probably never use it at least until winter. But inside of a box there was a decent kitchen baking mixer. Looks like it might sell for hundred dollars maybe a little bit more. It only has one attachment though with it. That's all right. The price was right for free! That was about the extent of my yard sales this weekend. Oh I did buy 7 security cameras that where at another yard sale for $20 new in the box. Slow lazy weekend around here!

image-1230594549.jpg

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
And they were cleaning out their house getting everything loaded on the truck. And they came and said that anything left in the garage I could keep if I wanted to. There was a garage full of just about nothing I could do anything with. I did get some firewood but it's 97° here so I will probably never use it at least until winter. But inside of a box there was a decent kitchen baking mixer. Looks like it might sell for hundred dollars maybe a little bit more. It only has one attachment though with it. That's all right. The price was right for free! That was about the extent of my yard sales this weekend. Oh I did buy 7 security cameras that where at another yard sale for $20 new in the box. Slow lazy weekend around here!

View attachment 1180745

We don't use our firewood until winter up here in the North, either. LOL.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't use our firewood until winter up here in the North, either. LOL.
Ahh, good ole winter. I think it was between the hours of 1am and 7am on Jan. 17, if I'm not mistaken. Winter that is! It doesn't last long down here, if ya blink you'll miss it.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh, good ole winter. I think it was between the hours of 1am and 7am on Jan. 17, if I'm not mistaken. Winter that is! It doesn't last long down here, if ya blink you'll miss it.

I think I recall that. I had the windows open in the house! All night!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Any time you guys want to head up here and shovel snow in January, you're more than welcome! I'll be down there for good someday, heading for the Ocala area in about another 10 years. I can't stand the long, cold winters here anymore.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any time you guys want to head up here and shovel snow in January, you're more than welcome! I'll be down there for good someday, heading for the Ocala area in about another 10 years. I can't stand the long, cold winters here anymore.

No thank you. I tried showing off to a girl I went out with back home and got stuck in the snow in the middle of nowhere. On one hand you would think it was a good thing, she was not so thrilled. Because I was trying to show off in my car and slid into the ditch. It was really late at night and supercold. I had no gloves and had to call my parents to come tow me out. It was the worst first and last date I ever had.

After years of getting stuck in snow, the car not starting, shoveling driveways, and pulling people out of ditches it was time to move on to Florida at the age of 23! I moved back up there for two months. I got three paychecks, saved up all my money that I could and move back down here. Never looked back!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread