gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the Storm on my AT Pro and it goes a lot deeper than the stock coil, just as sensitive. I mainly coin shoot but I'm finding relics and other stuff pretty deep. I have been going over areas I have hunted with the stock coil and I'm finding good coins. The plus also is the coil covers more area on each sweep. I plan on using it full time.

Are you talking the 14 x 13 Storm DD? Of course its a lot deeper than the little Garrett stock 11 dd, its a lot bigger. The Garrett 12" concentric will go toe to toe with your Storm. But not in the trash, that's the kicker.

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wonder since Garrett has their patent on the AT Pro.. and neil copies their hook up isnt that liable for a law suit?

punkass761

Jun 10, 2012
SOUTHERN California
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ATGOLD, GTP 1350,Ace 250,2 propointers, Whites coinmaster,bounty hunter pioneer ex,radio shack vlf. discriminator fisher pinpointer,hf pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got the Nel hunter on Monday I tested it in my back yard and compared to the 5x8 coil there is no comparison the Nel gets easily 6-8 inches more depth and the vid numbers are a lot tighter the separation is better so in my opinion it's a much better coil all around and it comes with coil cover.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you having any problems with it going crazy with the sensitivity all the way up. Mine goes crazy inside my house if it is above 6

No problem run full sensitivity. The coil is really sensitive, can't bench check in the house because it picks up everything, even the steel shank in the sole of my boot. but when your outside and properly ground balance it, it will run sweet. It found a copper BB at 2 to 3 inches. It also does goo desperation you just have t go slow. theirs times when you have to dig a close by junk target to get it to pin point on the good one. Overall I'm extremely happy with mine and impressed with all it does. happy Hunting

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But its not much better in the trashy park, where it would be considered a poor choice of coil.
Yes it works better in trashy areas, just go slow and it will signal each object. once again you might have to dig a trash item to pin point the good one

bobby5

Jun 19, 2012
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Garrett Carrot, Several Older Garrett Detectors and a Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out today finally with my Nel Sharpshooter coil for the AT Pro I have got to say it was pretty amazing I was Digging a lot of 6 inch holes, It has some depth to it. On top of finding my normal clad I did find a Senior Ring which was my first ring of the year. For $122.00 Shipped the Nel Coil is a Very Good Buy.

mario1972

Greenie
Jul 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garett At Pro International NEL HUNTER 8.5x12.5 DD ,5x8DD,Propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi !
I have Nel Sharpshooter and in my opinion, is the best coil for coins hunting what I have had ever .
Mario

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered the NEL storm for my ATP , I am looking forward to giving it a work out, when it gets here ! Thanks for the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread