Never ending call back

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to yard sale probably two years ago. Asked the lady if she had any coins and she said yes. I gave her my card and I have been going back-and-forth to her house on and off for two years now. there has been times where I've gotten nothing. There's been times where I help her around her house and she gives me a couple dollars. I've cut her grass, I've made her lunch even if it was tuna salad she was happy. I've dusted and vacuumed. And I have especially bought stuff from her. She has a never ending collection of jewelry. Boxes and boxes and boxes full of unsearched vintage jewelry. Antique jewelry. Victorian jewelry you name it she has it, watches, gold, silver, junk, this lady has 12 sets of silverplated flatware... 12!!!

She called me over tonight because she wanted me to look at some rings she found. I paid $2000. ( she set the price and told me to go make some money for my family ) If anything ends up being worth a lot of money I will definitely pay it back to her however she's away wealthier than I'll ever dream to be! But here was tonight's finds. I have to find somebody who can tell me what they're worth which I think I have somebody I just have to make an appointment to go see them hopefully next week because I would like to move some of the stuff. Hope you like...

(I moved to Florida when I was 21 and never really went back home. The one thing I regret is not spending time with my grandmother and I told her that I'm glad I got to meet her because looking back it hurts me to have not spent as much time with her when I could. I even cried when telling her this. And that I really enjoyed spending time with her) <~~~ that's probably the only sentimental stuff you'll ever hear from me...

Men's 10k ruby diamond ring. 8.1 gr

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470451079.721376.jpg

14k diamond cluster. This was her 40th anniversary present. 8.9 g.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470451186.315675.jpg

14 K diamond sapphire clustering 6.4 Gr

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470451255.970690.jpg

Antique 14 K filigree Ring 1.55 CTW. 6.3 gr
This one has an appraisal in 1992 of $3500 which in a way is awesome because it gives me all the information about the stones.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470451369.033851.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470451392.631256.jpg

14k 3 CTW diamond ring 10.5 g.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470451464.636114.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470451486.335782.jpg

14k diamond tennis bracelet 2.55 CTW. 9.8gr.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470451574.986934.jpg

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ran into the same kind of thing one time...Her son was a watch collector, he moved in to take care of her then passed a year later. I was friends with him...Anyhow, she gave me first choice. Then after a few times of her calling, she explained that he was all she had left. once she died there was no family to leave the stuff to.

Anyhow, she would call every couple of weeks, more for the company than actually caring about selling the stuff, she didn't need the money. I took a guy with me one time. He was my business partner at the time, to buy knives off of her.

He later went back,couple years later, when she answered the door , he said he was there for me, she let him in, he robbed her. I hadn't talked to her in about a year at that point or him for that matter. I was working a new job and basically out of the buying and selling business.

She calls me and tells me my friend took stuff without paying, must have been by mistake? I told her "no". That wasn't a mistake and "you need to call the police now!!"

After police interviews, her calling, missing work, the U S marshals finally caught up to him a year later. That guy was no good! He was so stupid too! It could have been a payday forever! She was selling stuff cheap! He could have made a lot of money off of her if he wouldn't have been so greedy!! He robbed a lot of people we did business with, after that I was getting phone calls from everyone I hadn't heard from in a long time, looking for him, he either stole or borrowed money then disappeared, all I could do was pass them to the investigator, some didn't because they didn't want to get involved or be questioned themselves....This is another prime example of why you shouldn't have to give your personal info when scraping, coins, or turning anything in, He kept record and just went down the list, had their home address and a brief description of the type of stuff they might have more of...We were required to keep that info by law!!

Anyhow!! What I'm getting at trust no one with your sources!!! It will bite you every time!!

Some people want the company over the money, so they will string it out for years! It's sad in a way, but can also be a very good thing.....for both!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions