Nockbuster

Jan 24, 2013
Eastern Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going from a ace 250 to the at pro and it's alittle different. Tried in the back yard today. Ground balanced it. Out the iron on 30 and sensitivity 2 notches down from max. Is it normal for it to beep (in different tones) all the time? I get iron and high tones erratically all the time. How do I know when I should take a high tone seriously? Any help would be great to help me understand it.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure that you don't have any major sources of EMI that could affect the detector such as air conditioners, cell phones, power lines (this includes underground cable lines as well), etc. I had the same problem when I first got my F2. I came to a spot where my detector started beeping erratically, but I later found out that this took place right over the spot were an underground power cable runs to my house. Try a different location, but if it still acts up (even with the sensitivity at a normal level) you may have to send it in to get checked out.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the Iron Discrimination is set at a low level you are going to pick up more trash targets. You might try setting it higher when first learning. 38 or even 40

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would lower the sens as it sounds more like an EMI issue more than anything. If you're in town, WiFi, overhead electrical wires, buried dog fences even your cell can play havoc with a detector. In those areas where emi is a problem you have two choices. 1) Lower the sens till it becomes stable. 2) Leave the area and find somewhere else to detect.

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread