New at this, some nice pans?

Pumpkin

Greenie
Nov 12, 2023
Hey everyone. Iā€™ve been looking at the ground since I was a kid, when my neighbor would hide coal under rocks as ā€œtreasureā€ for me to find. Collecting rocks, detecting for relics, and recently I began prospecting after visiting Jim Streeter at his treasure hunting supply shop in southern New Hampshire. He gave me a gold pan, and Iā€™ve got the bug bad. Iā€™ve found hunting for gold scratches an itch Iā€™ve had since I was very young. I got a few small flecks in my first ever pan in a roadside drainage ditch in Northern VT last year, and then this past summer, on our cross country honeymoon road trip, my wife was generous enough to allow me to prospect my way through the Western states. I gained my first real experience there, learned a lot I think, and came home with 1.4 grams of gold. Less than hoped for of course! But loved every minute of it. I found one nice little picker of 0.005oz in CA, and one very consistent creek in Oregon, where I pulled the vast majority of what I got. All pan photos represent the contents of just one pan of source material, though significant digging / hand selection of material was involved. I donā€™t have any prospecting friends to ask.. so, what do you all think of these pans?

Attachments

• IMG_6585.jpeg
    IMG_6585.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6589.jpeg
    IMG_6589.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6606.jpeg
    IMG_6606.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6609.jpeg
    IMG_6609.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6610.jpeg
    IMG_6610.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6630.jpeg
    IMG_6630.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6823.jpeg
    IMG_6823.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Upvote 11

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread