New Detector Dilema

Illinois Jeff

Feb 12, 2006
Hanover Park Illinois
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the last detector, a Whites XLT which I loved had to be sold as I recovered from spine surgery. Now I'm in the market for a new Whites & just recieved their catalog. I'm at odds here.......I like the Spectra VX3 but am also eyeing the MXT All Pro. I'm not real good at breaking down all the fancy electronic differences but would like to hear some feedback & opinions on my choices. The MXT All Pro looks a bit easier to use yet the VX3 looks like a machine that could pick up more targets. But as usual it seems that the user of the device makes all the difference. I also thought about the MXT and a pin pointer combo. All your opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have heard many good things about the MXT and considered getting one last year. It was the only White's detector that tickled my fancy. You sure do display brand loyalty. If I had the money to cover the cost of the VX3, I'd invest in a new XP Deus. It's ultra light and goes deep. I recommend you spend some time watching online videos of the models you are interested in and also some of the head to head review videos.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was searching also, and a big whites fan. After comparing models I ended up buying a used dfx and love it ! Also saved a lot of money. :icon_thumleft:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've owned several Whites and loved them. I agree with Loco though and think I would try the Deus. I'm glad that you've recovered from your back injury, having had one myself I understand. Happy hunting whatever you decide!

OP
OP
I

Illinois Jeff

Feb 12, 2006
Hanover Park Illinois
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback. Will be making my decision in the week or so. Cant wait to get back to detecting!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost tried a Vx-3 but decided they are battery hogs! I did buy an MXT-Pro and MX-5 and like the mx-5 better in about every aspect.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back problems!
Light is gooder