New G2 'loves Steel Bottle Caps'.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still learning this Machine, got about 14 hours on it , The first 5 in all metal :BangHead: ; but I did learn some things. about the AL Mode.

Then on Sunday I took it to a trashy site , (Torn down 1950's Apt's , That I have been hunting since 2011 - It was down to about 10 family's still there in an est, 20+ 2 story buildings.

Now its just rubble. I forgot the 'Hockey' puck coil at home , I regret that.

I got where I could tune out most Iron & metals above 53 'Disc' , Vol on 13. & Gain at 12-0-clock.

It was Super chatty , I dug most things above 50 VDI. But Bottle Caps were Killing me.
Hitting 80 + vdI most of the time.

I could turn the loop 'Slanted' over the target 'Cap's' & get that "screech Beep" still high VDI Tho.

I also know Bottle Caps give most machines Fit's , Love the bottle cap reject setting on my whites XLT.

Is there any setting to get rid of these awful Caps , or do I just need to learn the language better , use a smaller loop , don't use it at such trashy spots at all.?

I think my solution is a bit of all these.

That said any help will be greatly Appreciated .

Impatient Davers.:icon_thumleft:

Sorry the Machine is the G2+ model.

ganixle

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As soon as I saw the volume was set on 13 I knew it had to be a newer version than mine. Try wiggling your coil back towards you when you get a signal and you should notice that a steel bottle cap that was giving a nice signal will give the iron "growl" just about the toe of the coil. I read that somewhere and it certainly works. I run my discrimination on 40 with gain cranked as high as it will stay stable.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As soon as I saw the volume was set on 13 I knew it had to be a newer version than mine. Try wiggling your coil back towards you when you get a signal and you should notice that a steel bottle cap that was giving a nice signal will give the iron "growl" just about the toe of the coil. I read that somewhere and it certainly works. I run my discrimination on 40 with gain cranked as high as it will stay stable.

A late thanks .
Yr suggestion did work as well as pumping the coil.
but
Most the time I still dig JIC . lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why did you buy a gold nugget machine for coin shooting? 19kHz dude, of course it is going to be chatty and shallow. Good for relics I guess. Best of luck! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why did you buy a gold nugget machine for coin shooting? 19kHz dude, of course it is going to be chatty and shallow. Good for relics I guess. Best of luck! :occasion14:

I like the challenge.

Actually i'm a 90% Relic hunter. + old 1800's coins are scarce in my area.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get over a high signal like that, continue to sweep the coil and raise it at the same time. If the vdi starts to drop down its likely a bottlecap. If it stays high it's a good signal.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read this little tidbit from Keith Southern (a well known detectorist)

One thing I keep an ear out for is when people say their machine digs crown caps....I like a machine that digs those for relic hunting...Tin back Confederate buttons sound the same...face down especially...

Might want to learn that sound and tuck it away if you are a relic hunter and ever hit a CW site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread