New guy from Pittsburgh

whitewill_1

Jan 5, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites TDI, FISHER F2, BOUNTY HUNTER JUNIOR, WHITES COINMASTER 6000Di S2, Garrett ProPointer, FISHER PINPOINTER, SUNJOE HORI HORI DIGGER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just started detecting in late August. I started out using my 5 year olds bh junior he got for his birthday. Found lots of coins and junk with that little thing. Started in the backyard and couldnt believe how many coins were out there. Oldest was 1910 wheat. Also one merc, one silver rosie, and one silver quarter. Then we ventured to the local park and the first time there found a 1901 V nickel. Later found more wheats and silver with that little junior. I really like that thing and it got me hooked. I upgraded to Fisher F2 in November. Tried that in the yard and there were still coins to be found. No silver but more wheat. I even found three on one hole. The F2 is a nice machine. I need to try the small 4 inch coil at the park. I hear they are killer in trashy areas. Now I just bought a third detector. I needed another because my older boy wants to hunt now too. He is 15. So I was shopping online and went with an old Whites coinmaster 5000/d geb. Iwill learn to use this one while the kids swing the light plastic ones. If anyone haz any tips or info on this old thing I would really appreciate it. Ive never used any old detectors before. It should take me a little time to learn it but I know I will be nailing coins with it.

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome, watch out for the boys- they'll find your honey holes! good luck

pghmole

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2012
S.w. pa
Detector(s) used
CTX,E Trac,Equinox 800,Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome,pittsburgh here too! In good weather I detect daily with a Minelab Ctx in the burgh good luck to ya

BostonSean

May 8, 2017
Johnstown, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, DFX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi buddy,new to the area myself from Johnstown now, but originally NewHampshire and going to be in Pittsburgh soon. We just moved to Johnstown this year to buy a building which we are renovating for rental purposes, but I do make my way to Pittsburgh for as they have cheaper cabinet prices etc. there. I also am up that way often since my youngest daughter 14 is a cosplayer and we go to a lot of comic cons. Ok, general info out of the way I have been detecting for a long time, but have not been for at least 5 years or so. I got my paws on an new old stock Whites DFX off ebay this year and am planning on starting up soon now that its getting cooler out. Anyway if you ever hunt old parks, or old commons and need a partner let me know. I have no issues driving out that way since its only and hour and half or so. It honestly seems near impossinble to connect with folks around here for detecting. Maybe once I move that way I will have better luck.

Regards, Sean

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to hear about families that detect together.
Good luck and continued success with the Whites coinmaster.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Virginia! Sounds like you all might just start cleaning up a bit. Just remember that the more you use the machine, the more you will get used to its' sounds and signals. Every machine is different and once you get comfortable with it you will start noticing things that you might not with the others. Good Luck, Happy Hunting and hope to see posts from you and the boys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread