New here...Anyone ever hunt around Eaton Rapids?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I hunted ER a couple times this summer. Trashy ballfield site but I did manage a couple silver halves including a Barber. One spot I hammered out 7 old silvers in an hour or two. This is a really irony, trashy park area, one most would avoid. I really like those kind of spots.
Your best bet is to continue the research and knock on a few doors in your area.

good luck, ffd

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Treorp55 said:
Are you from around the area? What ball park did you detect at, the old athletic field?
That's the one. Lots of fill dirt, but it's still a large area overall. I'm not from that area.

OP
OP
Treorp55

Treorp55

Feb 6, 2011
Eaton Rapids, MI
Alright thanks, looking at old maps it looks like the area farthest from the main road was a race track in the late 1800s, so that is where i plan on starting when the snows gone

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Treorp55 said:
Alright thanks, looking at old maps it looks like the area farthest from the main road was a race track in the late 1800s, so that is where i plan on starting when the snows gone
You're right, it was a horse track/fairgrounds. I ran into an oldtimer out there, we met one day in late November, it was bitter cold and windy. He hunts a private area in ER where they have been killing the old coins and relics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread