New in Pender County NC

chestermoyle

Dec 3, 2015
Rocky Point NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my detector ( Bounty Hunter QD2 ) for 4 or 5 years and have had no luck. If I had sense I would have quit long ago. But I am hard headed. My best day ever was a clad quarter and a fishing weight. I am hoping to find a club or somebody in this area to show me where I am doing wrong. Pender, New Hanover or Brunswick and Onslow county are close. HELP. I do not suspect the detector being bad as much as I suspect the operator.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet....

Here's a page of reviews of the QDII. You might try the testing the first review advises:

Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II Metal Detector Reviews

Dig a hole 8" deep, bury a quarter in it, and see if your specific detector will find it.

Of course, get that quarter back when you're done. If your machine doesn't find it, then try it a little more shallow. The QDII seems to be rated at an 8" depth capacity.

You want to rule out your detector as a factor.

And always remember, if it ain't there you won't find it. All of us spend a whole lot more time over bare ground than over signals.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard TNet! I agree with Deepseeker, rule out the detector first. If the detector is fine, hit some public land like parks where there should be plenty of clad coins. Once you get your feet wet, you can start researching for older sites and if the bug really bites you, upgrade your detector. Happy Hunting!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet from Charlotte! If you ever get down this way, let me know. I would try to help you, if you were closer. Pender county is like 4 hours away.

Best of luck to you!

Frawgsdill

Dec 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Chester. I am in Onslow County. If you want to hit it sometimes, let me know and we can hash out a time and place to hunt. I am also on the buddy finder map.

williedigit

Oct 24, 2015
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and WHITES SILVER EAGLE also MINELAB 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome I live near Wilmington and you have places in your area to go and lots of fields to hunt just knock on some doors and I go with some friend local in Wilmington some when can you go we usually go Friday's and some Saturday be glad to help and check out what's the problem with the machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread