New legend!!!

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. Long time no talk to.
Last time I was here I was posting about my fors relic, which I still have and use.
But I finally pulled the trigger on a new legend pro pack.
I'm excited to try it out though I may have to wait a bit since Michigan has gotten bitter cold lately.
Going to have to learn a lot lol this is way more settings than my racer 2 and my fors relic lol. And a whole lot more than my tesoros but I had been eyeing it for a while. Just after Christmas I saw the "next gen" pro pack model with "starter pack" and the free accupoint was on sale and with the reddit coupon code at Kelly's place it came in at just under $650 delivered.
I've also ordered the LG24 as well as enough carbon fiber lower rods for small coil and the LG24.
Some may say without using it yet why get that extra coil. Well on all my nokta makros so far that size and shape coil has always been my favorite haha.
So all in for that pack I got plus the coil and the shafts I'm at $860.
Not bad considering the pro pack alone is just a bit less than that
Anyway I just wanted to check in with you all and say hi.
Any setting suggestions (please explain also why they're good haha) are much appreciated.
Missed the forum and welcome back to me!!!! Haha

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats you'll enjoy it. Theres a lot of setting but the hardest part is figuring out the menu since it uses pictures instead of words. Once you learn the menu its incredibly easy to use. My next purchase, if I dont get a Deus II, will likely be another coil for the legend.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of luck to you with the new Legend, and A Big Welcome Back to the forum from Georgia.

cronk

Sep 27, 2022
Indiana
Detector(s) used
EQX800, Legend
@Stoof2010 Congrats on your new Legend -- the machine is a blast to run!

I'll echo others in saying the menu can be tough to navigate at first. Since you already have experience on a Nokta detector, however, I'm assuming you'll have a leg up on the rest of us.

In terms of settings, I mainly hunt in parks/schoolyards containing lots of aluminum trash, so I predominately stay in Park M1/M2, or M3 if the ground is soaked, and 60 tones for all modes. The targets run shallow, so I usually keep the recovery speed at 6-7.

One fun experiment I'd been doing when coinshooting is to run the Legend in Goldfied M, notching out everything except coin VDIs. I keep 23-27 for nickels (which center around 25 in my soil, but can run lower or higher) and 39-58. I like that "zip zip" of the pitch tone audio there, and it really helps bring out coins amongst the trash.

You could probably replicate a similar response (while allowing for more fine-tuning) by using Park/Field M2 or the higher single frequencies in conjunction with the P setting (for "pitch") in the tones menu.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions