New Louisiana member, beginner..

Cajunbear

Apr 12, 2023
Hello all.. I'm Danny from South Central Louisiana. I've lived here most of my life besides 6.5 years in the military.
I'm new to the hobby and just bought my first machine, a Simplex. I've wanted to try this for most of my life, but couldn't afford a decent setup.
I'm 51 tears young and look fwd to learning. And hopefully find some interesting relics, coins being a bonus.

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from North Carolina Danny. The good stuff is out there and you are starting at a time when you can shave years off the learning curve by using the extensive knowledge available here at T-net.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the T-Net forum from Oregon, Danny. And... thank you for your military service!

OP
OP
C

Cajunbear

Apr 12, 2023
Welcome from North Carolina Danny. The good stuff is out there and you are starting at a time when you can shave years off the learning curve by using the extensive knowledge available here at T-net.
Knowledge is exactly why I joined. Thank you much..

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all....from South Central Louisiana...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Louisiana for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

OP
OP
C

Cajunbear

Apr 12, 2023
We will have to find us a good spot to hunt. I mostly do water hunting, but I have no problem with land hunting.
My Simplex is supposed to be water proof. I'm a coonass like you. Not scared of getting wet.
I'm planning a road trip to New Orleans City Park soon. Before its heat stroke temps and humidity.
I'm sure uts mostly cleaned out by now but something has to be there, somewhere.
I plan on hunting this weekend if you're game. I'd love to give Camp Claiborne a swing.
Are there any parks in Opelousas?

1RAGINCAJUN

Nov 29, 2008
Lafayette, La.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Simplex is supposed to be water proof. I'm a coonass like you. Not scared of getting wet.
I'm planning a road trip to New Orleans City Park soon. Before its heat stroke temps and humidity.
I'm sure uts mostly cleaned out by now but something has to be there, somewhere.
I plan on hunting this weekend if you're game. I'd love to give Camp Claiborne a swing.
Are there any parks in Opelousas?
Honestly I never really hunted Opelousas, I live in Lafayette and the few parks I have hit have been clad and trash. Now my brother owns the Steamboat restaurant in Wasington, I have been there but the bayou bank is tough digging, as it is mostly clay. I'm game If you want to go tomorrow or Sunday just give me a call 337-692-4661.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cajunbear welcome to a very fine forum. There is a lot of civil war actions in your state. You also have a good machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread