New to MDing and NC

Diggins

Sep 19, 2006
Geneva, IL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi Everyone. I am new to NC (in New Bern, NC) and pretty new to MDing. Been out a few times and found some coins,etc. I recently got an ACE250, LOVE IT, but still trying to learn it. I went to Atlantic Beach this past Sunday when the Nor'easter was blowing by, that was wild!!! Didn't detect, just stood on the beach like a fool admiring ole mother nature. Anyway, I was wondering where some good beach spots are and if anyone would like to get together for a hunt with a newbie. Also, anyone found any really old stuff wash up from wrecks or anything?

I hunted Fort Macon one day, found some junk lead. Ranger said summer is off limits and don't go near the fort or the dunes themselves, stay on flat beach.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Diggins, Welcome to TNet....I'm to your south..down here in SC. I don't know much about the beaches up there but there are a lot of folks from the NC area on here. I'm sure they will give you some good advice on the beach hunting up there....Gotta love the Ace..Take Care and HH.

Hi diggins bobbie and I our north of you in martin county, we get to craven county from time to time and detect.there are several folks on the board form new bern area., hopefully we will cross pathes one day
hh
dave+bobbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back